Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello

matt625

Hello,

I have been ghosting in this forum for awhile. I figured it was time to say "hello".

A little about myself. I shoot revolvers in pin matches, steel challenge & local steel matches. My goal for 2010 is to shoot some USPSA & ICORE. I shoot a S&W 5" 625 & A S&W 6" 6-shot 617.

I also want to Thank a lot of the guys here, I have learned a lot just reading the forum.

Matt :)

Greetings!

Good fortune with the USPSA and ICORE matches, and I am sure that you will enjoy them. Looks like you have a nice set of revolvers there to use, and the ambition to put them to use in as many types of matches as you can get to.

I too have found a wealth of information on this site, and try to impart what I can to aid others.

Hello,

I have been ghosting in this forum for awhile. I figured it was time to say "hello".

A little about myself. I shoot revolvers in pin matches, steel challenge & local steel matches. My goal for 2010 is to shoot some USPSA & ICORE. I shoot a S&W 5" 625 & A S&W 6" 6-shot 617.

I also want to Thank a lot of the guys here, I have learned a lot just reading the forum.

Matt :)

Welcome Matt.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Just avoid IDPA and you will be fine.

Let me know if you are coming to Florida.

Cliff

Welcome Matt and Orvon,

Revo shooters are the best and please try to make it to NC in Oct 2010 for the BIG ICORE match. When all the "open" guys at USPSA matches complain about how we hold up the stages,, kindly explain to them that a 2.5-3 second reload is still faster than watching an open gun get unjammed during a stage. Revo shooters only need "6" to get the job done, then we take a little break to reload and do it again!!!

...and a belated welcome from a fellow MA wheelgunner... I'm.sure I'll see you around (no pun intended...)

If you're not afraid of shooting outside in the Winter, we shoot a non-sanctioned match monthly at my home club

www.independentclub.com

Great crowd and great practice for the sanctioned matches.

Hope to meet you on a range soon!

...and a belated welcome from a fellow MA wheelgunner... I'm.sure I'll see you around (no pun intended...)

If you're not afraid of shooting outside in the Winter, we shoot a non-sanctioned match monthly at my home club

www.independentclub.com

Welcome Matt625, Where are you shooting pins in Mass ? I'm in CT and used to use the Springfield Sportsmans Club in Monson Ma. I see they may have some shoots over the winter Months, not sure if any include pins. Most activity looks to be USPSA...

Edited by AML50

www.independentclub.com

Welcome Matt625, Where are you shooting pins in Mass ? I'm in CT and used to use the Springfield Sportsmans Club in Monson Ma. I see they may have some shoots over the winter Months, not sure if any include pins. Most activity looks to be USPSA...

I shoot pins at North Leominster Rod & Gun Club in Leominster, MA during the summer. Leominster, MA is north centeral Massachusetts.

Mass Rifle Assoc. ( http://www.massrifle.com ) shoots pins and steel indoors during the winter months. They are in Woburn, MA. I will actually be shooting steel at Mass Rifle this weekend. Their indoor schedule is on the website under "ACTION SHOOTING" on the left hand side of the webpage.

Hope to see you on the range. :)

Later on,

Matt

www.independentclub.com

I may have to wander down that way this winter. If not, I will make a match during the spring and summer.

Matt

Welcome Matt and Orvon,

Revo shooters are the best and please try to make it to NC in Oct 2010 for the BIG ICORE match. When all the "open" guys at USPSA matches complain about how we hold up the stages,, kindly explain to them that a 2.5-3 second reload is still faster than watching an open gun get unjammed during a stage. Revo shooters only need "6" to get the job done, then we take a little break to reload and do it again!!!

:roflol:

I am going to use that explaination at steel matches, when the start breaking my stones for being a wheelgun shooter . Usually my reply is simply, "Real men shoot wheelguns"

Edited by matt625

Mass Rifle Assoc. ( http://www.massrifle.com ) shoots pins and steel indoors during the winter months. They are in Woburn, MA. I will actually be shooting steel at Mass Rifle this weekend. Their indoor schedule is on the website under "ACTION SHOOTING" on the left hand side of the webpage.

Wow, I have tons of great memories from shooting pins on the indoor range at Mass. Rifle Ass'n back in the '80s!! (I spent a few years living and working in New England after I got out of college.) Somewhere around here I have a photo of the MRA team that went to Second Chance one year--we all had matching shirts and hats!