Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Desiccant for gun and ammo storage

It took me some time, but I tracked down a great source to by the desiccant materials to use in storage containers for ammo, primers, and even my gun safe.

www.silicagelpackets.com sells packets in sizes small enough for a ammo box and rechargable units large enough to absorb the extra humidity in an entire room. Their products are reasonably priced, (half the price of my local big box sporting goods store)....they ship the same day ...... and they charge ZERO shipping and handling.

No---- I'm not their marketing manager..... just happy to find that there are still companies out there like this one.

It took me some time, but I tracked down a great source to by the desiccant materials to use in storage containers for ammo, primers, and even my gun safe.

www.silicagelpackets.com sells packets in sizes small enough for a ammo box and rechargable units large enough to absorb the extra humidity in an entire room. Their products are reasonably priced, (half the price of my local big box sporting goods store)....they ship the same day ...... and they charge ZERO shipping and handling.

No---- I'm not their marketing manager..... just happy to find that there are still companies out there like this one.

I have actually used this company before, these canisters work great:

http://www.SilicaGelPackets.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They were so inexpensive I bought two which were about 8"- 10" tall. It should take care of a good sized room... but that way I'm not recharging them all the time. I don't think you could get one too big... but obviously you "could" get one that was too small. Fot a total price of around $30 or so it's worth it to me.

What I bought dozens of.... was the 2 oz and 4 oz sized packets for all the ammo cans that I have stuffed with ammo..... and for ammo cans that have primers stored in them too. I do all my reloading during the long winter months up here.... then I never touch my Dillon all Summer ... so I end up with a lot to reloads that I want to protect.

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...