Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA LE 3 Gun in San Antonio TX 11/14/09

What: Tactical Multi-Gun Match / 6 -8 Courses of Fire / Duty Handgun-Patrol Rifle-Duty Shotgun

Where: Host Range: Blackhawk Shooting Range - 12135 Jarratt Rd, Atascosa, TX 78002.

Sponsored by Remington Outdoor Foundation and hosted by the San Antonio Police

Department Marksmanship Team.

When: Saturday November 14th, 2009 / Times will be sent in Competitor Confirmation E-Mail

Firearms: Duty Handgun, Shotgun and Patrol Rifle / NO Competition Guns ! / Don’t have a rifle or

shotgun – we will have sponsor provided Remington Shotguns and AR Patrol Rifles

available for use - you provide all ammunition / Ammo: Courses based on a maximum of

100 Handgun / 40 Birdshot / 80 Rifle. If you miss you will need more.

Divisions: Patrol Division = Iron Sights on all guns / Pump Shotgun

Tactical Division = Rifle can have one optic and pump or semi-auto shotgun.

Gear: Duty Holster & Magazine Pouch / Rifle and Shotgun Gear / Equipment, firearm, and other

requirements are at: www.nrahq.org/law/competitions/tpc/standards.pdf

Cost: $ 35 / Limited Slots available / Reserve NOW ! / Registration form on rear

Prizes: Plaques for top three shooters in each Division / Pre-Determined prize table format with

lots of Guns & Gear prizes / Prize Table value will exceed $ 20,000 NRA Law Enforcement Division

TACTICAL POLICE COMPETITION San Antonio, Texas November 14, 2009 ®

For more information about the NRA Tactical Police Competition visit www.nrahq.org/law/competitions

I shot this match when the held it in Fairfax, VA a few months back. A lot of fun with a great prize table and fellow LEO shooters.

I was hoping they were going to have another one east of the Miss. river. Texas is just a little too far.

Get E'm Good!!

Love to shoot it. I really need to redeem myself for my horrible showing in Albuquerque.

Really need to bring a rifle that works.

But.......it's opening weekend of firearms deer season in MO. Trail Cam says I need to be

in the blind that morning.

Craig

Hmmm...can military play?

Alex

According to the NRA website - yes. I may try to make this one.

Doug - in your case, "duty weapon" is an M270, right? :roflol:

There was a local email requesting staff/RO help, so I may volunteer.

Lee

Lee,

Yep - don't think their range can handle the toys I normally play with. I'll just stick to some dumbed-down 3 Gun gear to meet the rules and intent of the match.

I saw the same e-mail from Kevin J.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Shot this match yesterday and had a great time. 7 stages - most more complex and interesting than I had expected. They had some first-rate ROs working, the NRA was there in full force, the San Antonio PD and their junior Explorer kids were taping targets, picking up brass, selling chow and helping out. Dan Earnest and the NRA guys did a great job - friendly and professional ROs, good dudes on my squad, nice weather, great prize table - hell, I could go on and on. All for a $35 entry fee.

Hope the NRA decides to come back to CENTEX again next year - too much fun.

Doug

Great Match!

I would like to thank San Antonio PD for their work and especially the NRA. It was very challenging with lots of movement and positioning. I was a little concerned about the low round count and a 10 hour drive, but it was well worth the trip. The stage designs and scenarios were excellent. I will have to say this was one of the funnest matches I've shot this year! I really liked the scoring and the design of the targets. It forced accuracy and placed emphasis on shot placement in the vitals.

I will definitely be attending another Tactical Police Competition.

Lance Jensen

Claremore Police Department

Did Lance fail to mention he placed very high in the patrol division? He may have won it. He and fellow officer Mike Cyrwus shot with us, the Houston area cops. Good guys and did some pretty good shooting. It was my first match of this type and it was a blast. Kudos to all of the organizers and volunteers great job. Some of the friendliest staff I have ever seen. Prize table was outstanding, if you were not in the top 10 you still walk away with something decent all for a $35.00 match fee. I would definately like to try my hand at this type of match again if the match is within reasonable driving distance.

Did Lance fail to mention he placed very high in the patrol division? He may have won it. He and fellow officer Mike Cyrwus shot with us, the Houston area cops. Good guys and did some pretty good shooting. It was my first match of this type and it was a blast. Kudos to all of the organizers and volunteers great job. Some of the friendliest staff I have ever seen. Prize table was outstanding, if you were not in the top 10 you still walk away with something decent all for a $35.00 match fee. I would definately like to try my hand at this type of match again if the match is within reasonable driving distance.

Lance won the patrol division!

Just another reason Im proud to call him a friend! :cheers:

I gained some useful intel regarding my duty gear, and I dig the scoring system. Lance and I are already planning of hitting a few of these a year.

Thank you, Daniel and SAPD, the Explorers, the ROs, the blackhawk range, and Marc and Co. at the NRA. Coolest was seeing all the cops that came out and shot. I was very impressed with their skills and attitudes.

Our gang from Houston really enjoyed the match and shooting with our squad mates (Mike, Lance and the others)! Kudos to Daniel and the entire SAPD (the Explorers were extremely helpful too) for hosting an excellent, well run match. We like the scoring system and stages (hats off to Marc Lipp and his crew). We are looking forward to shooting more matches like these. Like Marc said during the shooters meeting, these matches should be viewed as training as well. Thanks again to all you made this match happen and we hope to see you all again.

Anyone seen the final scores for this match yet? I've checked the NRA competition website a couple times; as of last night nothing new was posted. Maybe I'm spoiled with all our local CENTEX clubs posting same-day (or next-day) match results.

I even sent an e-mail inquiry to the NRA about this last Thursday; got an automated response saying a rep would contact me "directly". Well, it's been 6 days since I sent the inquiry and still haven't heard anything. NRA - you out there??