Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Cleats

jkatz44

I have read several cleat threads but I'm still a little skeptical. I think I am down to the following 2 choices: Nike Landsharks or the Under Armour Hammers. Which one should I get or are there better choices out there? Also, should i get the low cut or the mid cut? What are good places to get them?

Thanks,

Jason

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Under Armour, low and got them at Dick's, three years now, inexpensive.

I have friends that use Land Sharks.

Try them on, wear them around the shoe area for 20-30 minutes. If they don't feel good there they'll feel even worse sitting in y9our closet cause you don't wear them at matches.

The BEST shoes are the ones that fit you and allow you to move.

Had a pair of GSG9s, NEVER again. Uncomfortable, expensive and they fell apart to boot.

Jim

There is a local store called Nearly Perfect shoes, they sell all kinds of shoes, off brand and name brand. They might have something very slight wrong with them, or one might be 1/2 a size different(has never made a difference far as I could tell). They sell cleats for about 12-20 bucks, that's what I've been using for nearly 20 years. But definetely, what Jim said about getting the ones that feel good is the most important thing.

I was thinking about getting cleats,..but settled on North Face Hedgehogs mids.....very good grip indoors and out,..decent ankle support but not constrictive. Very lightweight. They weigh less than my Oakley mids.

http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/sto...variationId=0AA

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Do not buy anything that you haven't tried on and worn for at least 20 minutes. It seems that every company has its own idea what size and width means depending on the last it is built on. Lows, mids or high tops depend on your ankle condition and the surface you will be running on most. Is your skill level such that gaining 3-5 seconds over the entire match worth the cost or is it I want to be like big name shooter so and so.

Under Armour Hammers for me. Tried the Land Sharks for a while. Too narrow for my feet, they HURT by

the end of the day. Hammers are so darned comfortable that sometimes I forget to change back to my

regular shoes after a match.

Under Armour Hammers for me. Tried the Land Sharks for a while. Too narrow for my feet, they HURT by

the end of the day. Hammers are so darned comfortable that sometimes I forget to change back to my

regular shoes after a match.

Same for me on the Under Armour Hammers

I've had good luck with Adidas Corner Blitz (one pair low, one pair mid)....inexpensive, durable, comfy and plenty of grip on varied surfaces. R,

Agree with G-ManBart... I have the mid and they are super comfortable. The only down side is in rain (seems I've done most of my shooting lately in rain - Area 8 Friday, TN Sectional Friday...) they seem to soak thru. I figure it's because they're a really comfortable mesh material. More leather would probably not get as wet inside.

Maybe :unsure:

I've had good luck with Adidas Corner Blitz (one pair low, one pair mid)....inexpensive, durable, comfy and plenty of grip on varied surfaces. R,

Agree with G-ManBart... I have the mid and they are super comfortable. The only down side is in rain (seems I've done most of my shooting lately in rain - Area 8 Friday, TN Sectional Friday...) they seem to soak thru. I figure it's because they're a really comfortable mesh material. More leather would probably not get as wet inside.

Is it the Under Armour Hammers II that you guys are talking about?

G-ManBart,

Which one do like better the low or mid?

Edited by jkatz44

G-ManBart,

Adidas Corner Blitz are the ones I own/was referring to. They weren't one of the two you were deciding between, but they are pretty nice and maybe you hadn't thought of them.

G-ManBart,

Adidas Corner Blitz are the ones I own/was referring to. They weren't one of the two you were deciding between, but they are pretty nice and maybe you hadn't thought of them.

I think i am leaning toward the Hammers. Anymore suggestions out there

Who offers wide widths? I just have to have at least an E width. Any Nike product I have ever looked at did not come in wide widths and I am assuming the Land Sharks are the same story.

Who offers wide widths? I just have to have at least an E width. Any Nike product I have ever looked at did not come in wide widths and I am assuming the Land Sharks are the same story.

Actually i was just looking and found i think a low cut land sharks wide.

+1 :)

My vote also goes to Corner Blitz Mid ...

+1 :)

My vote also goes to Corner Blitz Mid ...

man, so many choices

I have a pair of the Landsharks and they are to narrow to be comfortable to me ,I just recently bought a pair of The North Face Prophecy II super comfortable and breathable good traction as well

yep....+1,..plus they are water proof/resistant.

I have a pair of the Landsharks and they are to narrow to be comfortable to me ,I just recently bought a pair of The North Face Prophecy II super comfortable and breathable good traction as well

yep....+1,..plus they are water proof/resistant.

keep the suggestions coming