Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AquaMan

Flexmoney

The digital coaching idea is totally cool. I am really ugly, though, and on video I look like a troglodyte terminator. In 6 weeks, when I am ripped, razor cut, and shooting only alphas-I will put my Flip on the ground and tape some classifiers for Jake to critique. At twenty-five dollars for five minutes-that's like three major matches of shooting. Seriously, this is a good idea. Jake's a flamethrower (that's good) and I am still in the sensitive zone of shooting. My Omega3 is salmon, baked, with lemon.

Ask him who told him how to price it... :lol:

Fish Oil. Lots of it. Very very very fresh fish oil (should almost be colorless). Add that to whatever else you're eating to get Omega-3s. You can't get enough of the stuff, basically.... ;) Lots of oily fish helps... :lol: (tuna, mackerel, salmon, etc...)

Now if I could just summon fish to the dish.... I like the sushi, cause its never touched a frying pan... ;)

Haha thanks buddy.

I'm glad you asked me actually. Inflammation is arguably the largest contributor to sickness, disease, and loads of other disorders. The omega 3's in fish oil are amazing anti-inflammatory agents when taken at high dosage. When I say high dosage I'm talking on the order of 7-10 grams a day for people who are well and up to 15 grams a day for people whom would be considered pathological. The key point I want to stress is those are dosages of omega 3's - not fish oil. You'll need to look on the back of the bottle to see how many mgs of EPA and DHA each pill contains and formulate your dosage from there. You can do just fine going with the generic stuff from Wal-Mart or Meijer. If you get the fish-oil burps, you have a few options. Only take the pills with food, freeze them, or buy new ones.

So if you are on medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides - give omega 3's a shot. I know for me personally they greatly aid in recovery and general well being. I'm looking forward to getting a physical and seeing what my numbers come back as. ;) Omega 3's in high doses are about as close to a wonder drug as you will see in your lifetime.

I'm actually really encouraged by the digital coaching. I've had a few clients now and some pretty good feedback so far. I'm hoping the word starts getting out a bit more soon.

When I say high dosage I'm talking on the order of 7-10 grams a day for people who are well and up to 15 grams a day for people whom would be considered pathological.

7-10 is the current recommendation? I need to step up about 50%.... Taking 5, now...

If you get the fish-oil burps, you have a few options. Only take the pills with food, freeze them, or buy new ones.

Freezing! That's a great idea... hadn't thought of that one... I'll have to give that a whirl if I get a burpy bottle again...

I'm actually really encouraged by the digital coaching. I've had a few clients now and some pretty good feedback so far. I'm hoping the word starts getting out a bit more soon.

Glad to hear its going well ;) Keep me posted on that one?

Haha thanks buddy.

I'm glad you asked me actually. Inflammation is arguably the largest contributor to sickness, disease, and loads of other disorders. The omega 3's in fish oil are amazing anti-inflammatory agents when taken at high dosage. When I say high dosage I'm talking on the order of 7-10 grams a day for people who are well and up to 15 grams a day for people whom would be considered pathological. The key point I want to stress is those are dosages of omega 3's - not fish oil. You'll need to look on the back of the bottle to see how many mgs of EPA and DHA each pill contains and formulate your dosage from there. You can do just fine going with the generic stuff from Wal-Mart or Meijer. If you get the fish-oil burps, you have a few options. Only take the pills with food, freeze them, or buy new ones.

So if you are on medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides - give omega 3's a shot. I know for me personally they greatly aid in recovery and general well being. I'm looking forward to getting a physical and seeing what my numbers come back as. ;) Omega 3's in high doses are about as close to a wonder drug as you will see in your lifetime.

Jake: For us less informed souls, how do you calculate how many mgs of EPA and DHA make up a gram of omega 3? And what is "EPA" and "DHA"? And do I need both? Sorry, but I skipped that day of biology class.

Jake: For us less informed souls, how do you calculate how many mgs of EPA and DHA make up a gram of omega 3? And what is "EPA" and "DHA"? And do I need both? Sorry, but I skipped that day of biology class.

EPA and DHA are essential fatty acids. EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) are Omega 3 fatty acids. It will tell you right on the nutrition label how many mg's there are of those two acids. Only that number counts towards your daily intake of omega 3's.

EPA and DHA are essential fatty acids. EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) are Omega 3 fatty acids. It will tell you right on the nutrition label how many mg's there are of those two acids. Only that number counts towards your daily intake of omega 3's.

Thanks much. Will be shopping tomorrow.

Those are significant mega doses you're recommending.

https://omega-cure.com/omega-3-fish-oil-facts.php

Q: Should I be concerned about drug interactions?

A: PA/ DHA works in synergy with most prescription drugs, often resulting in lowered dose requirements of the drugs or potentiating their effects. The FDA regards EPA/DHA below 3g (10-12 capsules or 3 teaspoons) as safe for the general public.

Haha for sure. If you go to an actual nutrition store you can get some more highly concentrated forms, but there's nothing wrong with the stuff from the big store if you don't mind taking a bunch of pills. I usually take 7-10 with each meal.

You do get Omega 3's from the fish you eat too. But you'd need to eat a lot of fish to get the quantities we're talking about here.

Haha thanks buddy.

Very interesting. Can you give us a reference to support these claims and these dosages?

Edited by fiddler

We just had a grand rounds lecture here at Creighton Medical Center a few days ago on the benefits of omega 3. There have been many well run studies highlighting the benefits of fish oil. For the most part cardiovascular improvements were emphasized, but there are many others. The only downside (as Jake has mentioned) you have to take extremely large doses every day to have any statistically significant benefit.