Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monster Hunter International

JFlowers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have pitched to Mark Pixler at Dillon's Blue Press the idea of doing a review of Monster Hunter International. Mark suggested interviewing Larry Correia (who happens to be one of my Facebook Friends) for the article, Larry said okay. Look for it soon in an upcoming Blue Press. :D

(Reminds me, I need to get off my butt, put together that list of questions for Larry Correia and get 'er done.)

Anyone know if you can get this as an audio book?

I did a search on audible.com for Larry Correia. No such luck. I haven't "read" a book (except Brian's) in almost 4 years. Audible Rocks! :cheers:

A.T.

Well I just did another search and still no audio book yet. :( Guess I will have to set down and actually read a book. :goof:

I ordered this from Amazon after reading about it here. This is the first hard-copy book that I have read in about a year. (kindle user) I thoroughly enjoyed it and even got my wife to read it. She liked it as well and finished it in two sittings.

Jack

I recommended the book to a friend of mine, a serious gun nut of course, he said, "I'll have to check that out." I figured okay, no big deal, one day he'll get to it. Two days later I got a message on my answering machine, "I finished Monster Hunter International and really enjoyed it." I was amazed. I called him back, "You're telling me that in the past TWO DAYS you (1) went out and bought a copy of that book, (2) completely read it?" I mean, this is a long book. Him: "Well, it is kind of a page turner. I can't say there was really a whole lot of sleeping done during those two days." :lol:

Duane,

I know, I have gone back and re-read MHI several times since I purchased it :cheers: . I do have the one disadvantage in that I am a voracious reader in the titles/authors that I like, so favorites will get read a couple time each year. Patiently waiting for the hard copy of MHI Vendetta, 'cause I spend too much time in front of the confuser as it is :goof:.

It's nice that you can buy a copy of the book online as well and just download it. that's what I did and read it in 3 days. Going to download the second book right away and then move onto Day by Day Armageddon 2. It's a good time to be into monsters and zombies!

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that those of you who are USPSA members should first go to the USPSA page and then hit the Amazon link to order books and movies. If you do it this way USPSA gets a cut yet you still pay the same price.

Never thought of that. Good idea, Charles.

• 4 weeks later...

Love his first book. Writing style is easy to read, well paced, and lots of humor thrown in as well to support the techno-gun geek stuff for our crowd. As to the earlier comment, much better than 2 Gun from Vorpal Blade IMO.

• 1 month later...

Just finished his new book , Vendetta. If you liked the first one you'll love this one too.

Kevin

Thanks for the heads-up! Just ordered the ebook on Baen (best ebook site out there IMO).

Think I might get that MHI patch as well.

• 1 month later...

Note to Larry Correia fans: :)

My article on/interview with Larry is going to be on pages 61 and 62 of the very next issue of Dillon's Blue Press, due out on December 1st. If you want a free six month subscription to The Blue Press (assuming you don't already have one, natch), all you have to do is call 1-800-223-4570 and ask for it.

Note to Larry Correia fans: :)

My article on/interview with Larry is going to be on pages 61 and 62 of the very next issue of Dillon's Blue Press, due out on December 1st.

looking forward to it, thanks for the heads up. really enjoyed the first book, saving Vendetta to read over the winter holidays.

Must be the January release, Duane, as the December release has your "Why I Love My Glock 17" article on page 60.

Yes. The date/month you see on a newsstand magazine is actually when it comes off the stands, not when it goes on, so for a monthly publication it always runs a month ahead. Even though The Blue Press is not a newsstand publication it follows that tradition. Thus the January 2011 issue comes out in December 2010.

Sounds a little like the Zombieland movie. I'll check it out.

Any Mitch Rapp fans should check out Barry Eisler's books. Ever had a moment where you thought, "If he'd just thought ahead and done _____, he'd be in good shape"? Eisler's hero takes some elaborate steps to stack the deck.

• 2 weeks later...

just started on vendetta, this thing is hilarious. the firearms references and "action scenes" are always entertaining, but his take on mythology and folklore is comedy gold. I don't want to give anything away for folks who haven't read it yet, but the trolls and gnome stuff was just genius. once you go gnome, you'll never go home baby!:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Any Mitch Rapp fans should check out Barry Eisler's books.

John Rain is a pretty coooool customer... MHI was a great read, its on my nightstand now in order to be re-read. right after my last Barry Eisler book. And another Stephen White... and...