Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Accuracy

JohnGaultsGun

Anyone have accuracy problems with Airsoft Glocks?

I got airsoft pistols to practice steel because that is my main achilles heel. To my surprise, they were not as accurate as I had hoped. I had purchased some nice scaled down IPSC steel targets and set up some simple drills in my garage. I noticed at 10-15 feet, my BBs were completely missing the plates and poppers. So, I set up some paper targets at the same distance to see what grouping sizes I could get.

At 12 feet, the spread averaged 4-5 inches. So, I cleaned the barrel and adjusted the hopper and after some time, the average group size went down to 3-4 inches. Not much improvement. I'm using .20g and .25g BB with no difference between them. This problem has been occuring in BOTH my KSC and KWA glocks.

Should I replace the barrel and/or hopper with aftermarket improvements? Should I reset my expectations?

Thanks.

You may try upgraded parts. Or get he CQB Master from Evike.com. I'm getting consistent 1" groups at 10yds and 4" groups at 20-25yds.

What manufacturer of BBs do you use?

Just passing on what I've read, and that you may already know, but I understand that AS pistols can be picky when it comes to ammo in the same way that pellet guns and .22's can be - great with one brand, no so hot with another, with "quality" ammunition not necessarily always providing the best performance.

eta:

See Duane's post #17 here, on a fix he tried. It worked pretty well on my HSC Glock.:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...37&hl=brass

Edited by kevin c

tight bore barrels help, as long as you can shoot in the first place. I always used Systema brass barrels, because I can't tell a whole lot of difference between them and the coated ones, and the Systemas are a little less money.

You may try upgraded parts. Or get he CQB Master from Evike.com. I'm getting consistent 1" groups at 10yds and 4" groups at 20-25yds.

What manufacturer of BBs do you use?

Just passing on what I've read, and that you may already know, but I understand that AS pistols can be picky when it comes to ammo in the same way that pellet guns and .22's can be - great with one brand, no so hot with another, with "quality" ammunition not necessarily always providing the best performance.

eta:

See Duane's post #17 here, on a fix he tried. It worked pretty well on my HSC Glock.:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...37&hl=brass

Hey, thanks. I read it. I'll give it a try.

I tried the fix earlier mentioned in http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...37&hl=brass

The groupings did get better. Still a lot of fliers but definitely better than before. I did get 1" groupings at 12 feet but groupings like that are not consistent. This will work for now. I'll look into a new, tighter barrel later. Thanks.

You can also increase the affect of hop up in those series.

There is a teeny, tiny bb that sits over the top of the chamber for that series.

Sometimes, you may notice that hop adjust makes no impact on where the bb strikes.

Take a shotgun shell apart depending on the size of BB you need to slightly increase its size, and apply more hop.

The hop up puts back spin on the BB giving it lift.

Be careful in taking a shell apart.... Very careful.

Or, you may have a variety of bbs already in small sizes. This has worked for me..

You can also dremel out your valves in your magazine for a slight increase in velocity, along with a heavier guide rod spring (this helps by supplying a little more resistence to keep the valve open releasing more gas, bfore shutting off).

More velocity, generally more accuracy.