Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

where can I find a tm 2011 limited airsoft?

mongorodz

Hi guys,

I'm new to airsoft and have found that TM gas guns w/ a metal slide seem to be the way to go.So now where can I find one?

Thanks,

Ron

USPSA#L3113

Some stores carry the TM as the stock pistol which is a really good gun to start with. You may find some stores that sell the changed TM but most people buy the stock pistol and upgrade it themselves. I wanted something to match an STI edge I had and no one sold a airsoft just like that. I did not know much about building it but knew that the TM has such an enormous quantity of aftermarket parts. One great resource and very friendly were the people on aaps forums. You can get basic recipes of what parts to use and pictures of great 2011 style airsofts. Look at them and ask questions, they will be answered.

This is what I mean, left is stock tm 5.1, middle is my built tm 5.1, right is my limited rig.

post-14235-1251430135_thumb.jpg

notable additions to my TM to make it similar - grip, fiber optic front, magwell, and added weight.

As someone told me, the more you spend, more it will look just like your real one, the less you spend, the less it looks like it. I think it cost me under $500 to build the middle one and it freakin rocks. But I have a bone stock one too and I really like it. Alot of people recommend just buying the stock one, play with it, learn about it and then start tweaking.

Hope that helps

I would totally agree with the above response.

TMs mostly come with plastic slides. They will work for some time but will crack. Get aftermarket metal one.

Watch the guide rod guide, or housing. Its the part that slips into the slide and captures the guide rod. The flange breaks off, and will not capture the guide rod.

The rear sight for height screw will like to back out. Locktight that bad boy, and watch the screw for windage. They break off , or back out.

I have over 30,000 bbs through mine, and have replaced the following:

Guide rod guide

Magazine release

Both adjustment screws for rear sight

Slide

Mainspring

Loading Valve

Piston head

Valves in mags

Inner barrel.

The last 6, I replaced for performance, and or reliability.

The Caspians in the wide body series are all metal and also well made. Those mags work in the TMs. I can get all parts for that series here in the states. They are an excellent value, and quite well made.

Evike sells them pretty cheaply.

Oh, BTW..Sweet TMs you have there good sir.

Edited by Matt P