Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED 7000 For Airsoft Practice

Matt P

First post here guys.. Hope this hasnt been covered.. I couldnt find anything relating to this use for Airsoft.

I had an issue with not relaibly picking up the shots from my GBBs in practice. That was until I purchased a CED.

I simply put velcro on the back side of it, and with a wrist band with the fuzzy stuff on it, it will stay quite nicely.

It will pick up 95% of the shots fired. For off hand practice I simply switch the timer to my off hand. It needs to be on the shooting wrist for most consistant recording.

I turned up the mic as far as it would go.

AirsoftPractice6.jpg

CED has another fix, which is basically the same thing the OP made for himself. This is a wrist clip, though, w/o any need for attaching anything more or less permanently to the backside of the unit. Available through the vendors here at BE:

http://www.cpwsa.com/ced.htm

I, like Chuck S, hate having something on my wrist though. Still it's a workaround if you don't want to drop another $120 + shipping for a dedicated AS timer.

• 1 year later...

I have a 7000a and it works as advertised with my 1911 type pistols.

It’s a great training tool and works similar to what I was used in my Ipsic days.

However I want to do some rifle training and I cannot get the 7000a to reliably pick up the echo 4m or my wife’s echo ak47.

Has anyone had any experience with this as I am interested in trying to setup some airsoft two gun stages but the timer needs to work as I expect I will have to R.O. any match I might get going and the 7000a is what I got..

I am going to see if I can set up some stages at VIP”s airsoft arena in Gilbert, maybe next Wednesday pending the owners ok.

If anyone has any Ideas or info or just is interested in shooting competitive stages with airsoft give me a shout here or at ppps@cox.net.

Later

jjk