Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me skills/you tube videos

shooterbenedetto

On August 17, 2016 at 2:04 AM, mickd1 said:

@ 2.04 you can see the shots in the background one going far left and one going far right,but when you go up to the targets both shots are close to each other and low?

and in the last section you have 2 high and 2 low in the background yet there all close to each other on the target?

No tricks or faking it here. From what I can tell, the 2 shots that seem to hit high on the backstop hit the ground first and ricocheted up.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MRevolutionIX said:

No tricks or faking it here. From what I can tell, the 2 shots that seem to hit high on the backstop hit the ground first and ricocheted up.

I have to agree with what is said above. I noticed they appear to ricochet off the ground the first time I watched the video.

Here is my first Production National this year. Started shooting competitively 2 years ago, and just started USPSA late last year. Currently Limited B and just got to Production B a month ago. Enjoy it, any tips would be great, I know I got a lot to learn~ 

My First Production National~

Edited by hyasuma

New custom ASI 2011 race gun at the first of the Victorian state team selection matches. Wasn't pushing too hard as I'm still getting used to the new platform coming away from my Tanfoglio. Let me know what you think..

Edited by niroth81

Love love cool stages with elaborate props. This month's Renton USPSA match had a bunch of cool movers, chargers and a treadmill to challenge us shooters. Most stages were designed really well with multiple ways to shoot and options. 

Edited by robot

19 minutes ago, terrydoc said:

looking good Jase why the move from the Tanwog?

Large part because of parts availability and parts pricing. Spent hundreds on importing gear but there is just a huge lack of support here in Oz for them. Also, when I picked up the grip, it just fit perfectly. The STI grip was actually the reason I went with tanfog originally, it just never felt right. Mathews Grip is different and just felt fantastic.

Holy Grail Themed Washington State USPSA Championships Aug 2016 

The guys at the Custer range never fail to impress us USPSA shooters. They design fabulous stages and run them in a fun range with many varied bay layouts. This year, they've decided to host the Washington State USPSA Championships and boy did they deliver. The theme of the match was inspired by Monty Python's Holy Grail with evil white rabbits strewn all over the range and other hilarious movie references embedded into the stage designs. 

Told myself going into this match to do nothing but watch my dot. It worked. I managed to call all my shots, except for one weird call during a weak hand string at the non-classifier classifier (stage 7). I called a 3 alpha 1 charlie but when we looked at the targets, there were only 3 holes. ROs overlay-ed but couldn't find a double, so I must have called it wrong. That said, I'm happy because I managed to do what I wanted to do and as a side effect, took the match win.

Scores: https://practiscore.com/results/new/25637

• 2 weeks later...

For this month's match, I helped to design three stages so that we can practice for the upcoming Nationals in October. Stages 2, 3 and 7. Decided to test hard leans, difficult shooting positions and long distance partials which is going to be most of the shots in Nationals. The Universal Shooting Academy range has lots of deep bays and they make use of every bit of it. I was very successful in calling my shots and called almost every single one at this match. I just had some mental disconnects with movement and positions. 

Scores: https://practiscore.com/results/new/26334

Managed to squeeze in one last match before Nationals. It was the yearly Series match up at Custer Sportmens Club. Custer's matches are always fun and this time, featured a TON of running in the sand. Managed to take 1st open despite making a super huge mental mistake for not kneeling during the classifier. Could have been a GM score but oh well. 

Looking forward to Nationals in a few days.

Scores: https://practiscore.com/results/new/26652

2016 USPSA Hurricane Nationals Day One

Been preparing to shoot this match for almost a year. The normal way the Nationals have been shot through the years is in a three day format. This time round because Hurricane Matthew is forecast to hit Florida, they've changed the format to 10 stages on the first day, break for the Hurricane and hopefully resume on the 3rd day with another 10 stages. It was definitely a tiring day and I wish I could have done better. I'm still watching my sights but ended up tagging a lot of no-shoots which I don't normally do. 

Onward to the final day, after the Hurricane blows through of course. :)

Day two was a much better day for me, less penalties but still pretty slow. Not sure what's wrong but will diagnose and work on it. Almost had a stage win on Stage 6, my first shot was supposed to be a ~.72 but missed and had to make up the shot for a total of 1.21sec. Great squad made up for a fun time. We got to squad with the USPSA Prez and it was an honor. 

• 2 weeks later...

At every major match I attend, the ROs will call me "Lo-kee" so for this year's Trigger Treat, I decide to shoot as... Loki from the Marvel Universe. Halloween hosefests are super fun especially when it's held after the Nationals and you can release some steam and just blast away.

Scores: https://practiscore.com/results/new/27607

So uhhh... is it pronounced "Lo-Kee" If not I've been referring to you incorrectly. I think we should all have our forum names, and then a phonetic spelling of said names!

6 hours ago, robot said:

At every major match I attend, the ROs will call me "Lo-kee" so for this year's Trigger Treat, I decide to shoot as... Loki from the Marvel Universe. Halloween hosefests are super fun especially when it's held after the Nationals and you can release some steam and just blast away.

Scores: https://practiscore.com/results/new/27607