Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me skills/you tube videos

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

USPSA Marysville April 2016 - Open Division (GoPro Hero4 Session hatcam)

I had a so-so day. Came away with a 2nd place finish despite zeroing one tricky but awesome stage. Short and fraught with peril. Had some issues with steel and lost some speed on some stages. Overall not very happy with my 84% finish, need to practice more!
Fun stages and amazing weather. We had 99 shooters show up which was great for the club but made for a long match.

USPSA Renton April 2016 - Open Division (GoPro Hero4 Session Hatcam)

Do you remember that time when everything went bad? When everything didn't seem to go right? Yeah that was today. I couldn't seem to focus on shooting and felt mentally distracted the whole day.
I am definitely regressing. Two more club matches before Area 1 and this is what I bring to the table. Gotta get back on the practice train.

USPSA Renton April 2016 - Open Division (GoPro Hero4 Session Hatcam)

Do you remember that time when everything went bad? When everything didn't seem to go right? Yeah that was today. I couldn't seem to focus on shooting and felt mentally distracted the whole day.
I am definitely regressing. Two more club matches before Area 1 and this is what I bring to the table. Gotta get back on the practice train.

Loke, one of these days me and my 2 buddies will be up there at Renton. We are Class D and just weekend warriors. We have fun shooting, not nearly as fast as you. We are down in Longview, WA. Hope to catch you one day. Cheers, Lastcat.

Loke, one of these days me and my 2 buddies will be up there at Renton. We are Class D and just weekend warriors. We have fun shooting, not nearly as fast as you. We are down in Longview, WA. Hope to catch you one day. Cheers, Lastcat.

Yeah! Please do let me know when you guy come up or at least say hi when you do.

Was a fun match today. The Custer Sportsmen's Club organized a match inspired by the upcoming Area-1 stages which was really interesting. It was a very close match against a buddy of mind JohnV from TN, we were trading 5-10points throughout the entire match until the last stage which became the deciding stage. JohnV edged out a better performance to win by 6 points total. Congrats on getting $1 richer ;)

This match was a mental match for me. I told myself to ignore everything bad and good that will happen. Leave the stage as is and move on. I was trying to get into a place where I can focus on shooting and not let anything affect me, especially worrying about my times, scores and the need to catch up to someone else.
Although I didn't win the match and was slow in some stages, I am proud to say that I've learned how to get into the zone and shut everything out. Now all I need to do is to trust that this works and shoot my best game every time. (Thanks Steve Anderson)

Edited by robot

First real rifle match of the season, placed second after the current national champ. Sucked on the long range stage (which is not on this video) and was pretty decent at the rest.

First stage on the video is sitting on the crapper (picture below), rifle loaded and safe. Just like in everyday life.

There's a glitch in the audio at the start of last stage, sounds like a double fire, which it's not.

26248991614_21f6b472a2_o.jpg[/url]

Edited by slemmo

USPSA Area 1 Championships 2016

I came in to this match with a mental objective. I used to be so affected by shooters around me, times and places in the standings that I didn't get to shoot my game. I ended up shooting someone else's game and that caused me to falter in my execution.

This time round I managed to keep it sound. I enabled "match mode", and called my shots. If I had a bad stage, I mope and swear but leave it behind. If I had a good stage, I celebrate and laugh but leave it behind as well.

This allowed me to shoot my game and I'm very happy to be able to achieve 9th in Open. There were some stupid things I did but I knew exactly how I got them. I called all my mistakes and identified what caused them so I will not do it again.

It was a fun and fast match with lots of options. Thanks to the SLUSPSA guys for putting together this major match.

Shoutout to my squad mates, SQUAD 40, Super Squad... D.

Day One

Day Two

What a fun and furiously fast match today. My total time for the entire match was 48 seconds! None of the stages were over 10 seconds. I still have match mode focus going which is great. Worked on transitioning and shooting faster which I did but had some extra shots here and there which should be eliminated. Just need to keep working on improving transition speed and shooting earlier.

I did wear my Mono Vision contact lens pair today and it worked well. It was a little disorienting in the beginning but it was great during shooting.