Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to buy Pre-Cut grip tape for Glock/M&P

Chris_Andersen

I am looking for the precut stuff for my Glock 35 as well as a friends M&P Pro 9mm. Would like something that covers the front and back of the girp as well as the sides. Also, some generic tape I can cut and use on magazines etc....Having a hard time finding it online. Any suggestions?

Edited by BCA

Tru-grip has mysteriously disappeared, I emailed, I called and I tried most of the distributors. If someone knows differently please let me know b/c I'd like to buy some M&P kits. In the mean time I went online and found the actual material used by Tru-Grip. It's called Negative One grip tape. I bought two sheets of it which is enough to make 14 sets of grips for about $15.00. If you're in to it I can mail you a rough shape of an M&P set and you can buy the material online and make your own. I can't help with the Glock set.

You may ask why I don't offer to sell you a set of M&P grips? Well I think that there must be some copy right issue with Eric's product and I'm not interested in getting in trouble. I actually modified my set from Eric's pattern to avoid the constant un-raveling I experienced.

Tru-grip has mysteriously disappeared, I emailed, I called and I tried most of the distributors. If someone knows differently please let me know b/c I'd like to buy some M&P kits. In the mean time I went online and found the actual material used by Tru-Grip. It's called Negative One grip tape. I bought two sheets of it which is enough to make 14 sets of grips for about $15.00. If you're in to it I can mail you a rough shape of an M&P set and you can buy the material online and make your own. I can't help with the Glock set.

You may ask why I don't offer to sell you a set of M&P grips? Well I think that there must be some copy right issue with Eric's product and I'm not interested in getting in trouble. I actually modified my set from Eric's pattern to avoid the constant un-raveling I experienced.

I experienced the same thing. Everyone is saying that they cant get it now. I may try and buy a bit of the negative one tape and experiment on the glock as well. I will send you a PM in a bit with my addy for the M&P pattern if you dont mind that would be great. Once I get a glock one figured out, I will offer that to anyone that wants it as well. Unless anyone can find a glock 35 set pre-made.

Thanks

I am on back order from them as well, I would like to do my 2011 if anyone has a template or know where I could find one to make the cutting out easier

If you want, you can drop me a PM with your addy and I'll send you a tracing of the 2011 set. It probably won't be perfect but it should be close enough to get you a real good start. :cheers:

I think some guy named Manny had a product on display at Area 3. Look kinda similar to Tru-grip but I think it is called the "mannly" grip. I haven't seen any on the website yet.

• 3 weeks later...
If you want pre-cut tape that covers the front and sides (but not the back) of the grip, you can get Tac-Grip from CPWSA

I have Tac-Grips on both of my M&P's and I'm very happy with the product.

I just received notification from Eric that my TruGrip order shipped. Been about a month since I ordered, but Eric's still taking care of customers between travels for his day job. I don't mind the wait: still beats backorders of Federal small pistol primers by a LONG shot :cheers:

Curtis

• 3 years later...

I found guntape.com and I really like the product. It's not pre-cut, but they give you paper that you can cut out to the shape of your gun before cutting your tape. It's also rubbery instead of gritty so it doesn't tear up your hands. I'm happy with it so I strongly suggest checking it out.