Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do applications go up?

I want to schedule flights and hotels, but flight won't be refundable so I want to be sure I'm in.

Thanks

Apps are on the website already. Can't be post marked before Jan 2 2010 though.

I got mine signed sealed and just waiting to go out on saturday the 2nd.

OK, now this might seem a dumb question, but the match is referred to as one of the largest IPSC matches in the US. is this match run under USPSA rules or IPSC Rules? I believe it to be USPSA since the divisions on the application follow USPSA not IPSC but I just want to be sure. I wouldn't want to arrive in TX with the wrong gear.

Jim

It is a USPSA match...

Lee

Thanks. I thought so, just wanted to be sure.

OK,

Hotel booked

Application filled out and printed

Waiver filled out and signed (must write check and place all in envelope)

Next, as soon as acceptance is received, book airline.

Yabba-Dabba

Jim

The Match Hotel is the Same as Last Year, the Holiday Inn on Central Freeway. Phone is 940-761-6000 or on line at www.holidayinn.com/wichitafallstx. The Room rate is $64.00 per person Based on Dbl Occupancy. MUST use the Word "TAP" to get this special room rate.

The Match Shirt Design for the Double Tap Championship is up on our web page . Just click on the Button at the top of the page. If you can not see all the buttons scroll down the top panel. (some sponsors may be different than shown on the shirt)

Pets on Range

NO PETS on Range.... Unless you have Proper Eye and Ear Protections for them Also. We Don't want any Blind or Deaf animals going home from the Range. Our Insurance does not cover your pets, so be advised

Want to take this moment to wish every one a Happy New Year and look foward to shooting with many of you at the Double Tap Champ and other matches around the country in the coming year.

Edited by scorch

Is it possible to shoot this match in one day? i.e. Thursday or Friday? I am really busy with work this time of year but this matches reputation would make it worth while to drive down from OKC early the day of shooting and back home that night and only miss one day of work.

Plus I just found out that the 2010 Area 4 is on the same weekend as the FNH Midwest 3 Gun and not at DTR so I won't be shooting that match and need this one to cure my itch.

I stayed there for the Area 4 championship a few months back and I can honestly say it was easily the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in. I used to travel OK and TX 10-20 weeks a year.

Did not have very good luck there last year with a remodel in progress.

Is it back on track and a OK again?

Thanks,

Sherwyn

That link didn't work for me but this one did...

Wichita Falls Holiday Inn

Lee

Is it possible to shoot this match in one day? i.e. Thursday or Friday? I am really busy with work this time of year but this matches reputation would make it worth while to drive down from OKC early the day of shooting and back home that night and only miss one day of work.

Plus I just found out that the 2010 Area 4 is on the same weekend as the FNH Midwest 3 Gun and not at DTR so I won't be shooting that match and need this one to cure my itch.

Jesse

In the past, the match can be shot in one day on Friday. Sat/Sun are both day affairs.

Craig

this is a interesting question that has popped up on Enos before. I would say yes, as all range rules apply and there will have to be a range officer present. Otherwise you put yourself and others at risk with unsupervised gun handling.

Ken, if i get DQ'd on this practice stage since it's not scored and registration is only $5.00, can i reinstate for a dollar? hehehe..just kidding.

If you get DQed on the Practice Stage We will NOT DQ you from the Match, BUT we will not let you Shoot anymore that Day. The Practice Stage is not Part of the Match, we just DQ you from The Practice Match.

Thanks,Robert sounds great.

lets see. wichita falls check sheet:

snow shoes, hand warmers, thermals, rubber boots, 2-4 pairs of shoes, waterproof socks, gloves of all kinds, chap stick, shorts, sun block, gun cover, cash, i've only found one bank with an atm?

oh yeah side note: slide glide will work at 26* and 40mph winds. i wouldn't try 25*.

a kayak maybe, four wheel drive is almost a must if it rains.

anything, wind proof and/or water proof!! :)

a kayak maybe, four wheel drive is almost a must if it rains.

I wouldn't say almost. My car would have stayed in the mud all weekend at A4 if it weren't for some very nice shooters who pushed me out.

The Weather Can Be Anything: Friday was Cool & Damp, Saturday was better and Sunday it was in the 70's. Was not just here the weather was crazy through out the Country that weekend. Ask a few folks that got snowed in in Denver area. Typically I am Setting the Match up the Few weeks before in Short and a tee shirt.

Today is the 5th and got 27 Entries today.Will be Posting to the self Squad Page tomorrow.

Jim Norman, Cody got yours so make you Reservations.

Edited by scorch

I didn't attend this match last year, but I heard that it was quite cold (snow, freezing temperatures, etc). What is the weather typically like in Wichita Falls during March?

No such thing as "typical" weather in Texas, other than it is "typically" not very typical!

Come on down, we have beer! :cheers:

David C

i've only found one bank with an atm?

You really did not look very hard. If you get off Kell/82 at Kemp, or Fairway you'll find several banks. With ATMs. Not to mention convenience stores and grocery stores. :rolleyes:

Theres a lot more to Wichita Falls than just the downtown area.