Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets see your .22 Steel guns

cdrissel

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My MKIII 22/45 with grip mod to accept Hogue 1911 grips!

Who did the grip mod?

I did the mod myself. My friend set up his mill, so I could mill the sides flat, lay the grips on the side to mark the holes, drill and tap the holes, then use epoxy to secure the 1911 grip studs. It makes the grip almost exactly the same width as a 1911!

Nice!

I might have to look into doing this.

:cheers:

This isn't my gun, but mine will look very similar to this sometime next week. Smith M41 with a Bully Barrels Steel Challenge barrel. The barrel is machined so that a C-more bolts directly to it and they weigh 14oz which is quite a bit less than a factory barrel and as light as the Clark STC barrel which requires a bracket to mount the C-more that adds weight and height. Mine won't have the polymer comp...it'll be aluminum. I'm not sure who made these grips, but I'm getting a set of Herretts that look similar.

billy98.jpg

Edited by G-ManBart

Ok, this is amazing. Who made the mag well.

This isn't my gun, but mine will look very similar to this sometime next week. Smith M41 with a Bully Barrels Steel Challenge barrel. The barrel is machined so that a C-more bolts directly to it and they weigh 14oz which is quite a bit less than a factory barrel and as light as the Clark STC barrel which requires a bracket to mount the C-more that adds weight and height. Mine won't have the polymer comp...it'll be aluminum. I'm not sure who made these grips, but I'm getting a set of Herretts that look similar.

billy98.jpg

What's your opinion on that Tac-Sol upper?

I'm thinking about getting one for my STI SteelMaster.

Full disclosure, I'm one of the Tac-Sol sponsored shooters so I'm a bit biased :D

That said it runs 100% unless the ammo is a dud.

Full disclosure, I'm not sponsored by Tac-Sol and am jealous! :blush:

Anyway, I am totally sold on Tactical Solutions products. I have their barrels on both of my competition guns. My 10/22 and Buckmark have matching Red fluted barrels! I also love their extended mag release fo rthe 10/22--also in matching red. I even have their FO front sight on my buckmark. Now if I could scrape up enough money for one of their AR uppers! My wife shot a TacSol upper that a friend let her borrow last night at our indoor match, and it was flawless and accurate! It looks really cool too.

Mines still a work in progress -

DSCF0425.jpg

Kadet kit on top of a chopped up '75B frame that once belonged to Eerw. Still needs a threaded barrel for a comp/suppressor, and AL grips + magwell. I also am exploring ways to make high-cap mags for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Model 41 with 7" barrel cut down and threaded.

Hmmm...that's got me thinking. The barrel on my gun posted above is threaded. What brand/model can is that? Any idea what the thread is on it? Sorry, other than what I see at work I'm relatively ignorant on cans....other than that I like them :P

I may be in a place where I can have a small range in the future and a setup like that would make it totally unlikely anybody would notice/complain. R,

Looks like a Gemtec Outback 2. Really nice can for the money, think it has a 34db rating..? IIRC is threaded to 1/2x28.

Okay...thx. I did a little research on .22 cans and it seems most, if not all, are 1/2x28 which is the thread on my barrel.

Has anyone tried drilling and tapping for a Buckmark for a slide racker? Pictures would be appreciated as well.

Lee

No picture but some of the guys around here drill and tap the slide and put in a bolt with a knurled end. Works pretty slick