Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets see your .22 Steel guns

cdrissel

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100_4666.jpg

nice guns, what are you guys using for holsters?

Ghost Holster. While you don't need it for Rimfire at the Steel Challenge I use if for practice for the main match. This gun is the same weight as my steel gun, same grip and trigger and 22 is much cheaper that 9mm.

100_4666.jpg
nice guns, what are you guys using for holsters?

Ghost Holster. While you don't need it for Rimfire at the Steel Challenge I use if for practice for the main match. This gun is the same weight as my steel gun, same grip and trigger and 22 is much cheaper that 9mm.

What's your opinion on that Tac-Sol upper?

I'm thinking about getting one for my STI SteelMaster.

Edited by cdrissel

Nice grips GIO!!! Looks Like Jim did another fine job. He does the best grips!

I have to ask. Who is Jim? I make Aluminum grips but his grips are awesome.

I want a pair!

:bow::cheers::bow::cheers::bow:

That's 3 bows and 2 cheers!

Edited by cdrissel

Full disclosure, I'm one of the Tac-Sol sponsored shooters so I'm a bit biased :D

That said it runs 100% unless the ammo is a dud. I've had it for 2 years now and have about 5,000 through it. It was on a Caspian single stack frame in the beginning and when the 20111 mags came out it moved up to the SV. The mags are great, all machined aluminum, you can easily disassemble them for cleaning and in the free states they hold 14. It also locks open on the last shot. I use Federal Automatch for matches but it shoots the bulk stuff fine its just not a reliable ignition wise. If the upper is clean and oiled and you shoot decent ammo it functions flawlessly on both frames.

Full disclosure, I'm one of the Tac-Sol sponsored shooters so I'm a bit biased :D

That said it runs 100% unless the ammo is a dud. I've had it for 2 years now and have about 5,000 through it. It was on a Caspian single stack frame in the beginning and when the 20111 mags came out it moved up to the SV. The mags are great, all machined aluminum, you can easily disassemble them for cleaning and in the free states they hold 14. It also locks open on the last shot. I use Federal Automatch for matches but it shoots the bulk stuff fine its just not a reliable ignition wise. If the upper is clean and oiled and you shoot decent ammo it functions flawlessly on both frames.

I thougth about getting one, but then I Pimped out my MkIII. Maybe next summer.

My MKIII 22/45 with grip mod to accept Hogue 1911 grips!

Who did the grip mod?

I did the mod myself. My friend set up his mill, so I could mill the sides flat, lay the grips on the side to mark the holes, drill and tap the holes, then use epoxy to secure the 1911 grip studs. It makes the grip almost exactly the same width as a 1911!

post-18778-1240984541_thumb.jpg