Pro Chrono Digital First impressions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I finally got mine about the middle of last year and I LOVE it!! I have used it with my Open pistol, a few compound bows and now need to work up some data with my SP01. Hopefully in the next few months I can get the USB kit to hook everything to my laptop and the IR kit so I can shoot indoors.

Joe W.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess Pro Chrono Digital is the way to go since everyone raves about them. Has anyone had issues with not being comparable to the ones used at big matches?(Making power factor)

I guess Pro Chrono Digital is the way to go since everyone raves about them. Has anyone had issues with not being comparable to the ones used at big matches?(Making power factor)

The CED is used at alot of majors, because they are donated to the match. I like the pro chrono digital personally. Just as accurate, easy to setup. I have had issues with the ced not working, and having to put a target over the chrongraph to get some readings. I am one of those guys who, likes to setup and chrono, not have to look for a target or worry about the lighting conditions and just shoot!!

• 2 weeks later...

Many moons ago I tried to use a fellow shooter's CED. He didn't have the instructions with him and after about an hour of trying and trying and trying again I gave up, packed it up and suggested he might want to get a copy of the instruciotns. Fast foward a few years and I get my Pro Digital. Opened the box, dropped in a battery and hit the power switch. Within two minutes I had it running and able to record my shoots before I even looked at the instructions. So much more the thing can do!

Joe W.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they would come out with a model that had the brains seperate.

The Pro Chrono Digital kinda sorta has this already. For $50 you can buy a USB interface and connect it to your Windows laptop. The included software lets you control the chrono (delete shots/strings, advance to the next string etc.) from the laptop, and you can download the velocities and save them as CSV files for later import into Excel etc. You can also enable a window that shows the last velocity in very large text making it easy to see from a few feet away. This is the setup I use and it works great.

• 4 months later...

Considering all the positive reviews, this unit seems to be a winner, especially for it's price.

Now, how do you folks read the velocity during your shooting session? Are the numbers large enough to read from the bench, especially when you need a little more distance for lets say 50bmg?

I'd be all over it if the remote had a display built-in and buying and dragging around a laptop in order to use the interface is beyond my intention (has anyone created an IPad app yet?).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you guys getting these for $70?

I have not seen one for that kind of money. If you sign up at Shooters Connection, as a Brian Enos Forum member, they will sell you one for 85 dollars. Or maybe it is 86.

Dave

Can somebody please explain the Shooter's Connection discount?

• 1 month later...

you guys have convinced me to try the PC. I have a Pact XP pro and it is absolutely the worst thing I have ever bought. I sent it back after their many suggestions didn't work. They sent it back and I have the same "no start signal" error message. They didn't fix it. Now they want me to send it back at my expense (again!) along with $15 for return postage. This would be the third time I paid for shipping!!! Absolutely the worst "no BS" guarantee and the worst costomer service I have had to deal with.

Where are you guys getting these for $70?

I have not seen one for that kind of money. If you sign up at Shooters Connection, as a Brian Enos Forum member, they will sell you one for 85 dollars. Or maybe it is 86.

Dave

Can somebody please explain the Shooter's Connection discount?

Email Mike @ shooter's connection and tell him you are a forum member. He will set up your account that shows special pricing. It's give or take in the 10% range.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...