Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seeing my sites lift!

-JQ-

At Sunday's match I decided (and stuck to the plan) that I'd focus VERY strictly on my front site.

Hey that really works! I had zero mikes and zero no-shoots (close on a no-shoot covering target though) and only 1 "D" for the whole match.

My speed wasn't record setting but was OK.

I had other issues during the match but since my plan was to really stare at that front site before breaking the shot, I felt really good about it...I learned my SS will not tolerate any high primers <_< But since it was my first match with my own ammo I wasn't too bummed about that either (lesson learned).

The funny thing I noticed while watching the sites lift is that it SEEMS like it takes an eternity for them to settle back down...it didn't in real time, but everything just seemed to slow down.

The punchline...I shot my best ever.

:cheers:

Congratulations on a great piece of development. To me the experience of tachypsychia--the way time distorts itself when you play with your attention and experiment with extreme focus under stress--is one of the real draws of competition. Makes you wonder what it feels like for the great shooters; does time eventually stop? ;)

Here's to building on your new level of sight awareness!

:cheers:

I had no mikes at my match this weekend as well and reading your post made me realize that I was seeing my sights lift. I can even still picture it when I think about it. I think my recent switch to open is subconsciously causing me to track the front sight the same way I try to track the dot. Whatever the reason is, I'm glad.