• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My local clubs here in Vegas don’t build stages the morning before. Typically all have dedicated crews that while most don’t  get paid there is waved match fees for those who volunteer.

as a newbie, a free match is basically the best thing ever, you don’t get as nervous and you get a pre match day of seeing stages and working with the designer which is great insight into how it’s set up to run.

ive spent months volunteering for different groups building different stages and in the process learning at a drastic rate .. 

personally, I’d pack up my gear and leave if I showed for a match and that stages aren’t built, “some assembly required” doesn’t come with a match fee.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, Bart, I am a newbie here. My name is Jack Simonton from SC, USA. I love shooting and practice hard for this. Thanks for giving beautiful tricks with a lot of information. I think it might be helpful for me and my shooting carrier.

• 1 month later...

I picked this topic to begin my USPSA experience. Just letting more established members know, who care to indulge in extended disagreements  regarding the rules, this is a turn-off for a new member. I love to hear ones interpretation of the rules, but spicing it up with the little slurs or slips of the tongue is possibly not what the USPSA wants it shooters to represent. Interpretation of the rules is great, but discussions of character or referencing the amount of gray matter possessed is not cool.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, jacksimonton said:

Hello, Bart, I am a newbie here. My name is Jack Simonton from SC, USA. I love shooting and practice hard for this. Thanks for giving beautiful tricks with a lot of information. I think it might be helpful for me and my shooting carrier.

Said no American ever..........

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Good advice overall, and still pertinent 12 years later.

One other thing I'd add: ask shooters on your squad about OTHER clubs and matches in the area.  Sure, you can look it up through Practiscore, but that interface is not always the most intuitive.  Shooters who have been around the local circuit for a bit will know which clubs put on good matches, which ones are mediocre, and which ones might just fit your schedule.  I only shot at one club for my first two months of USPSA because I simply did not know about all the other ones out there!

• 7 months later...

Great thread! I went to my first USPSA match yesterday to watch, NC Sectional, and I had a great time just watching, looking forward to getting into the matches next year. I just need to get there and run a couple courses to get the feel and get some gear to carry my junk on me. I have some questions, mostly on gear and course runthrough, but that will be later, after I get my feet wet in the sport!

Tea tv

netbanking login

Edited by mickbiden2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of good tips. I have shot a couple of matches now and feel pretty confident. You just gotta read, practice, practice, practice, and find a local match. All the aforementioned stuff will get you prepared, so do get nervous...just go and shoot. Be safe and have fun ! The folks at the match will help you. Let the RO know that it is your first match too, they will be glad to give advice.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...