Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig X5 "Blackbird" by Gray Guns, Inc.

-JQ-

These are pics of my newly "smithed" X5 Comp in .40. These are from Scott @ GGI since it hasn't made the trip back home yet.

They are taking it to the range tonight and then hopefully it will be on the way. I'll be doing a more extensive write up later on this one.

almcqx.jpg

2dr6pkw.jpg

2cdgytw.jpg

UPDATE FROM ORIGINAL POST

My L10 gun. I got this back from Gray Guns last Saturday - they shipped overnight/saturday delivery so I could shoot it Sunday at a local club match (Oxford Ohio). {I took second place behind Sunuva - nice job Robert.}

The trigger is super crisp after a bit of take up and the reset is really short and crisp. I've become a complete SA junkie and that can be a "bad" thing - an expensive one anyway.

This one had a lot of lightening done over the factory X5 Comp. The gun is all SS so it was a bit heavy. In addition they did a sweet melt job, refinished it in "SuperBlack", fluted the factory .40 barrel and fitted a barsto 9mm barrel...a nice feature in that you just change the barrel and shoot 9 or .40.

2vwgtvs.jpg

30rvdz6.jpg

2iusvo2.jpg

This is the before picture - from the Sig site

226X5-COMP-left.jpg

Edited by hk_mtbr

• 5 years later...

I like the SIG designs, but could never stand the DA/SA trigger. There's nothing like a fine tuned SA trigger!!!

This is an X-5 Single Action Pistol. Very Nice!!! If the original OP sees this I would be interested to know how the Super Black treatment ahs held up? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...