Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Bullets International

Never had a problem with 147 Black Bullets and a LEE FCD. I've been using them since before the warning was on their site. This is the first I've heard of it...

Are they referring to the Lee/EGW "U" die... or the Factory Crimp Die?

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had a problem with 147 Black Bullets and a LEE FCD. I've been using them since before the warning was on their site. This is the first I've heard of it...

Are they referring to the Lee/EGW "U" die... or the Factory Crimp Die?

I emailed them about this before I bought any of their bullets. They are referring to the undersize dies not the standard FCD.

Edited by staudacher

I emailed them about this before I bought any of their bullets. They are referring to the undersize dies not the standard FCD.

Good to know! I would like to try their 158gr 38spec but I guess I will have to get a taper crimp die. The Dillon die I have is a roll crimp.

• 3 months later...

No. He lists the criteria on the website, but thats it. Since I primarily shoot IDPA, its easy. The state championship matches all qualify, but very few others.

If I were ypu, I'd simply call Tony up and ask. He always replies to my emails, but it can take a while. He's been great about answering the phone during buisness hours when I've called him. Let us know what he says.

I know I am really late to this thread, but it seems like folks are happy with these. I did notice a post indicating that weight may be inconsistent. Has anyone found a good reason not to use these?

I previously used Master Blasters, but switched over to Precision Bullets when the MBs were hard to get. The Precisions are swagged instead of cast, but I don't know how much that really matters.

I just made the switch from Production to Lim 10 and needed bullets on a budjet, I know and shoot with Tom and Tony and their BBI bullets are very affordable, I can shoot .40 SW for about the same price as 9mm jacketed bullets. I am shooting a Glock 24, 4.3gr Universal Clays, 180gr BBI and am at 170 PF with no smoke. I am using the stock Glock barrel and have had no leading so far, I am very happy with their product and would recommend them to anyone. :cheers: Dan

Edited by danscrapbags

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know if BBI offers additional volume discounts greater than the 3k on the website? I'm considering 5K - 10K 9mm 130s or more depending on discounts.

Thanks!

I would call Tom and ask him.. I am pretty sure he will work something out wiht you for 3 boxes (9k)

Anyone know if BBI offers additional volume discounts greater than the 3k on the website? I'm considering 5K - 10K 9mm 130s or more depending on discounts.

Thanks!

I would call Tom and ask him.. I am pretty sure he will work something out wiht you for 3 boxes (9k)

yea, I've tried email and left a voice mail but no response. Called again today but mailbox is full so he must be busy.