Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Bullets International

On page 8 of this month's Front Sight there is a mention that most of the equipment owned my Masterblasters was sold to Tom Drazy. He is to market a similar line of product under the name of Black Bullet International. (612) 281-3877

It's nice to see a new manufacturer open up shop instead of closing one down. I really missed not being able to order from Masterblasters. They had a great product, prompt delivery & good customer service. If BBI follows in their footsteps they will be very successful.

Good luck Tom - answer your phone! :cheers:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to Tom down at the Pro-Am and saw some of the bullets, they look great. I also shot some but not enough to know a lot. A buddy has several thousand of them and just needs time to wring them out. All indications so far are that the bullets are going to be every bit as good as the Master Blasters and likely better. All of the other business I have done with Tom has been great, so no worries there.

Interesting....I had known Tom Stidham for some time. I may have been his first customer and very likely was his last. In September of last year, Tom had mentioned that he was seriously thinking of closing the business...and I took his remaining stock of 180gr 40S&W bullets. Tom said that he was looking for someone to buy the business and I had heard he sold it...but never heard "who" bought it. I would have figured it might have been someone local...but obviously that isn't the case.

This is not to slam the new owner...but the pricing seems a bit...shall we say...high. The last batch of bullets I bought from Tom was produced from a stock of lead he had purchased at 80c/lb and ran about $63/K shipped USPS flat rate. BBI's charging roughly $30/k more than MB and lead is.....back down to 80c/lb again (it was fast approaching $1.40 and climbing when MB closed their doors).

I've been extremely happy with my MB bullets and have also experimented with Bear Creek bullets (which are now running about $73/k shipped). The Bear Creek bullets perform nearly as well as the MB's. I don't doubt that BBI's quality is the same as MB...but at nearly $100/k.....I'll stick with BC when I need bullets again.

Edited by SteveZ

The more sources for coated bullets the more effect market pressure and competition will hold down prices. Currently it seems to me the bullet companies found out the same thing gas companies did. How high can we push prices and maintain sales levels. I'd like to get bullets cheap as much as the next guy but if I had a factory running at capacity and selling all I could make I would probably raise my prices until sales dropped off. Businesses are there for a profit not a public service. I do think BBI needs to get with the 21st century and get a order form webpage. If they had one I would have ordered a case all ready. Bust as it is my next order will be with Precision.

Prices are running roughly the same as Precision. I can imagine that what was stated above is correct. After all they are in the business to make money, not save people money. I would have liked to see them do away with the grease ring though. That is one thing I prefer about the Precision bullets. Also Precision has brought back the 170gr. .40 cal bullet! ;) But Black Bullet Int. is manufacturing the 220gr. .40 cal bullet...something Precision is not. It really depends what weight bullet you are in the market for. Both seem to be great products and it is nice to have the option. Especially when one or the other companies are out of stock and you need the order right away.

Edited by Rocket35

The more sources for coated bullets the more effect market pressure and competition will hold down prices. Currently it seems to me the bullet companies found out the same thing gas companies did. How high can we push prices and maintain sales levels. I'd like to get bullets cheap as much as the next guy but if I had a factory running at capacity and selling all I could make I would probably raise my prices until sales dropped off. Businesses are there for a profit not a public service. I do think BBI needs to get with the 21st century and get a order form webpage. If they had one I would have ordered a case all ready. Bust as it is my next order will be with Precision.

HI,

We are working on the web site. We should have the on line ordering up this week. We have only been in buisness about a month.

The main reason we have not been advertizing is that when we bought out Masterblaster, Tom had already sold the bullet molds. I was waiting untill we had them all. I have been trying to by new ones, but the mold maker (Magma Engerning) is backed up more than 1000 mold blocks.

Currently I have 180, and 200 gr TC 40cal, and the 200 gr rn bullets. To get in touch with my buisness partner (Tony Capers) his ph# is 612-328-3311. He is taking care of the orders and doing the shipping. As the new molds come in, I will post it on this page.

I am going to be at Nationals in Tulsa. I have to leave on Saturday. I am on set up. I will have a table at the vender tent.

Email is the easiest way to get in touch with me, mine is Tom@DrazyMetalWorks.com. Tony's is Info@blackbulletsinternational.com.

Thanks

Tom

HI,

We are working on the web site. We should have the on line ordering up this week. We have only been in buisness about a month.

The main reason we have not been advertizing is that when we bought out Masterblaster, Tom had already sold the bullet molds. I was waiting untill we had them all. I have been trying to by new ones, but the mold maker (Magma Engerning) is backed up more than 1000 mold blocks.

Currently I have 180, and 200 gr TC 40cal, and the 200 gr rn bullets. To get in touch with my buisness partner (Tony Capers) his ph# is 612-328-3311. He is taking care of the orders and doing the shipping. As the new molds come in, I will post it on this page.

I am going to be at Nationals in Tulsa. I have to leave on Saturday. I am on set up. I will have a table at the vender tent.

Email is the easiest way to get in touch with me, mine is Tom@DrazyMetalWorks.com. Tony's is Info@blackbulletsinternational.com.

Thanks

Tom

Good luck Tom! I am happy to hear that there will be another person out there to buy from. Keep your customers happy as you can and you will make money!

JZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tom,

I'm glad to hear you bought Masterblasters. I only had about 8 months of buying and shooting their bullets before he closed. I will say I liked his black/poly bullets a lot and they seemed to not smoke as bad as the Precisions. I like the Precisions as well, but the Masterblasters seemed a little better, just as accurate and did not smoke as much. Actually, I shot the Masterblasters side by side w/ the jacketed bullets, and they were very close in smoke, plus, I could load them a little slower and still get the same velocities.

I hope Tom puts out the same type of bullets as Masterblasters.

Tom,

I'm glad to hear you bought Masterblasters. I only had about 8 months of buying and shooting their bullets before he closed. I will say I liked his black/poly bullets a lot and they seemed to not smoke as bad as the Precisions. I like the Precisions as well, but the Masterblasters seemed a little better, just as accurate and did not smoke as much. Actually, I shot the Masterblasters side by side w/ the jacketed bullets, and they were very close in smoke, plus, I could load them a little slower and still get the same velocities.

I hope Tom puts out the same type of bullets as Masterblasters.

Hi,

I am using the same coating prosess as did Masterblaster, we recently made some changes to our website, and will be able to order from it very soon.

My own loading shows that the bulles will run about 80 to 100 fps faster than jacketed. My steel load for my 40 was 4 gr of bulseye with a 180 zero, it made 139 pf, I had to drop the load to 3gr with the 180 coated to get down to the same pf.

Thanks

Tom Drazy :cheers:

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I am using the same coating prosess as did Masterblaster, we recently made some changes to our website, and will be able to order from it very soon.

Thanks

Tom Drazy :cheers:

I received 1K of Mr. Drazy's 40-180's and I have to say his statement above is not entirely accurate. He indicates he's using the same process as Masterblaster did but his product looks WAY BETTER!! :D

Awesome moly-coated bullets! Nemo recommends highly.

B)

Just called and left a message for an order or 147's and 230's. Looking forward to trying them out. In the past I used Xtreem, Precision and Montana Gold. I have been happy with all of them. It's good to have more sources.

This is not to slam the new owner...but the pricing seems a bit...shall we say...high. The last batch of bullets I bought from Tom was produced from a stock of lead he had purchased at 80c/lb and ran about $63/K shipped USPS flat rate. BBI's charging roughly $30/k more than MB and lead is.....back down to 80c/lb again (it was fast approaching $1.40 and climbing when MB closed their doors).

This reminds me of my buddy that runs a paintball field, 5 years ago there was around 7 in the area, his prices we always a little higher but his professionalism was always better. The company was run better and offered more. One by one those other fields closed down, and his business picked up. Now he is the only one in the area and he he doing so well he is expanding to indoor for the winter.

The moral of the story is if you sell so cheap you give away your business, there is no motivation to keep running. It is good to see this market have more suppliers, you have to wait for precision to make the bullets that you want because they are selling everything they are producing as fast as they can make it. The free market works.

Granted I was local, ordered on line somee 45ACP 200gr RN on Sunday and here on Wednesday in the mail. I love irritating the mail man! LOL! They were at the last MN Weapons Collectors Show I bought some 9mm 130gr TC to try out. Virtually smoke free coupled with Universal. Me like! My USP and Jarvis bbl really likes!