Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar-Sto Pistol

werewolf45auto

I bought one in April of this year and other than some extractor tuning (brazzos tuned extractor fixed it right up, but Irv was more than willing to make it right) and break in it is now running 100% if the ammo is good. The chamber is super tight and if you use un-sized lead or moly especially (bear creek in my case) then they will not check in the the tube 100% of the time (a gauge is useless for this barrel, YMV). One of the bullseye guys was able to get a 5 shot 25yrd group of .675 center to center with it (ammo was 180gr MTG FMJ with 5.3 grs of Bullseye at 1.185 aol) It will feed factory ammo or loads at 10mm length. I changed the innards of the factory mag (STI with Arradondo 10 round plug with a rivet in the base to make Cali legal to Grams follower and spring).

The front sight notch is an odd size and none of the standards (Novak, Sti-SVI or Kimber would fit, had them on hand), Irv next dayed me a sight no questions asked. I needed it for a match that following weekend. He was more than willing to take the slide in and correct. He is easy to deal with and I'm buying an other one here shortly.

The key is that it is $1000 dollars less than the SVI here in Commiefornia and in it is already 40 and not a 45 that would need to go back to SVI to have a 40 slide and barrel fitted (that is the added cost with SVI nothing against them, they have great products and customer service as well.) Irv is a pleasure to deal with and builds a great trigger into the package with C&S fire control. If you are planning on L10 then the 45 from SVI might ne a good way to go but the price here in CA is about the same as the Bar-Sto.

Finally the most important part is that Bar-Sto is here in 29 Palms and Irv went that extra mile for those of us to can not escape to free states.

If you are low cal you are more than welcome to put mine to the test.

Matt Wheeler

San Diego CA

I bought one in April of this year and other than some extractor tuning (brazzos tuned extractor fixed it right up, but Irv was more than willing to make it right) and break in it is now running 100% if the ammo is good. The chamber is super tight and if you use un-sized lead or moly especially (bear creek in my case) then they will not check in the the tube 100% of the time (a gauge is useless for this barrel, YMV). One of the bullseye guys was able to get a 5 shot 25yrd group of .675 center to center with it (ammo was 180gr MTG FMJ with 5.3 grs of Bullseye at 1.185 aol) It will feed factory ammo or loads at 10mm length. I changed the innards of the factory mag (STI with Arradondo 10 round plug with a rivet in the base to make Cali legal to Grams follower and spring).

The front sight notch is an odd size and none of the standards (Novak, Sti-SVI or Kimber would fit, had them on hand), Irv next dayed me a sight no questions asked. I needed it for a match that following weekend. He was more than willing to take the slide in and correct. He is easy to deal with and I'm buying an other one here shortly.

The key is that it is $1000 dollars less than the SVI here in Commiefornia and in it is already 40 and not a 45 that would need to go back to SVI to have a 40 slide and barrel fitted (that is the added cost with SVI nothing against them, they have great products and customer service as well.) Irv is a pleasure to deal with and builds a great trigger into the package with C&S fire control. If you are planning on L10 then the 45 from SVI might ne a good way to go but the price here in CA is about the same as the Bar-Sto.

Finally the most important part is that Bar-Sto is here in 29 Palms and Irv went that extra mile for those of us to can not escape to free states.

If you are low cal you are more than welcome to put mine to the test.

Matt Wheeler

San Diego CA

Thanks for the offer I'm two hrs North of Sac. I'm going to get one for sure I'm just saving the money. I think with their barrel reputation that their pistol will be killer. I just wanted to see what other have thought.

Best thing since sliced bread!!!!love all of mine

Did they run fine 'out of box' or did they need some break in or tweaking...? Since you have more than one, have any of them been modified with a short dust cover and bushing barrel? (for IDPA)