Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need to find mag pouches

bug_eyedmonster

Hey Folks,

I've been searching high and low for a smaller mag pouch for my girlfriend. We have a hard time with keeping enough magazines on her and the ability to reach them. She is shooting production as of now, and we have been borrowing the Fobus double pouches, but we'd like to get more on her. She can fit two of the double pouches, but squeezing a third on there seems pretty much impossible, and she runs out of magazines on higher round count stages. I tried to fit my CR Speed and Safariland pouches on her, but they don't seem to free up much more space. I got five of the CR Speeds on her, but we are hoping to get seven.

I saw pictures and another shooter with some pouches that turned the magazine 90* which made everything more slim, but I have no idea who makes or made them. Does anyone have any other solutions? I was considering cutting the fobus ones and removing the center section, but that's an expensive "test" to run...

Jerry

Jerry - please accept this in the spirit that it is meant, which is positive and and trying to be helpful.

If she's shooting 7 mags on a stage, then I'm assuming she's most likely just starting out, and maybe having trouble with steel, stars etc. Remember that she'll improve pretty quickly if she's shooting enough. I would just set up with 5, load one (from a pocket), and have one extra in her pants pocket somewhere. One would have to assume that the time involved grabbing that 7th mag wouldn't be that big a deal, as she's probably spent a bit of time on the stage already. That way you've saved some money, and not put her into a setup that's hard to reach and awkward. At some point she'll most likely be carrying 5 anyway - right ?

JimInFL

Comptac has the Belt-feed pouch that crams four mags into the space of three. The far back pouch actually slides over my fifth Blade-Tech pouch part way. That might be a contender....

Is she shooting SS? Or one of the ten round divisions? If 10 rounds six mags on the belt should be enough, if SS major I'd make a case for 7 or 8.....

Okay, maybe I should explain more... ahahha

My girlfriend is shooting a CZ in production class, which means she can only carry 10 rounds in the magazines. Since the gun is brand new, the serrations on the rear of the slide are much sharper then any other gun I've had, but she does not want me to grind them down. To prevent the gun from going into slide lock, we've told her to reload after every array, but many of the practice stages we've built in the past have a 40+ round count with five to six arrays. I don't want her to get into the habit of standing reloads, and she's still trying to get used to the gun, so to make everything easier, I wanted to make sure she has enough ammo and mags to complete the stage (she ran out twice last time and could not finish).

Her accuracy is there, especially with steel, but she tends to rush and at times not aim. We practice on a plate rack and she does fine, when she gets to steel in a stage, she takes usually two shots to hit it. Everyone tells her to slow down, but she just gets that "rush" and knows there's a timer going... hahaha.

Jerry

I have a hard enough time grabbing a 5th mag shooting production or single stack.

If you're running out of real estate, try the comp-tac beltfeed setup...

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_in...;products_id=33

+1

I have a Belt Feed for my Single Stack setup and it saves quite a bit of belt space. I'm about a 30" waist and I can fit the Belt feed plus two singles behind it without having them wind up at my spine. It's not cheap, but it's not much more than buying four good singles.

There are two mag holders that turn the mag body 90 degress. One is the Guga Riba and the other is the Limcat. You can find them at Speed Shooter's International. I'm not sure whether the Limcat would work with the CZ mags, but the Ribas should work fine as they have a fair amount of adjustability to them. The Ribas has a fairly large attachment plate/loop, so take a look before buying to see if that will prevent you from getting them really close to one another (I can measure one when I get home if you'd like). R,

Edited by G-ManBart

Thanks for the feedback guys, this is some good stuff. This weekend I'm going to try to overlap a few borrowed Fobus double pouches again, and see if that will work. If it doesn't then I'll bite the bullet and buy the Comp-Tac set up. Does anyone know for sure if this legal for production class?

Jerry

Does anyone know for sure if this legal for production class?

Jerry

The legal requirement is that the measurement from the inside of the belt to the inside of the mag farthest from the body can't exceed two inches. That's not a problem with Glock 9mm mags; it might be a problem with an extremely skinny shooter and doublestack .45 caliber mags.....

If the CZ mags are anywhere close to Glock mags, you'll be good to go.....

Why not have her shoot LIMITED minor for a while and see if just shooting more (and reloading less) lets her improve somewhat. Maybe then she wont need so many mags on longer stages. This may not happen overnight but it could save you some money in the meantime.

Why not have her shoot LIMITED minor for a while and see if just shooting more (and reloading less) lets her improve somewhat. Maybe then she wont need so many mags on longer stages. This may not happen overnight but it could save you some money in the meantime.

We are going that route, but with a open gun. This is just temporary until we can get the specifics for her open gun and have it built... I will have to do the dirty deed of breaking it in for her though...

Jerry