Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Man shoots lawnmower

warpspeed

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty"

That was a genius observation in this situation except for the fact that the man had put the mower in the trash. That leads me to believe he had no plans of a warranty claim.

And, if I'm not mistaken--having seen this story on the news--that the offense (however funny it actually was) may cost him some actual jail time! (Criminy, won't they give him a little time off the sentence for the incident's entertainment value...?) :P

It's enertainment value is that it made the BBC to show off the uncouth colonies who allow citizens to own guns.

I own a Fix Or Repair Daily and it is only through sheer will power and the knowlegde that it is a lease and not really mine that has keep me from putting it out of my misery. I don't have a sawed off shotgun but I do have some 40 round mags for the AR.

I've often wondered if you could put some type of socket adapter on the pull-start spindle, and sell matching bits for electric drills. You could use the drill as an ad-hock starter motor.

Probably too much liability for the manufacturer.

My uncle made a socket starter that fit his lawnmower. All he did was remove the the pull cord parts and a nut was right there to place a socket on. He welded a big hex key on the socket. Just chuck up the "bit", jam it on the nut, fire up the drill. Worked like a charm.

Years ago "someone" I know blew up an annoying clock radio with some fireworks.

Kids came out to witness Dad's temper tantrum.

Dad was pissed because once it come on and woke you up and then you hit the button it would not shut off.

So THAT clock radio went to the Radio Shack in the sky.

JK