Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tacticool rimfires

Sgtsvi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-5799-1231032581_thumb.jpg

Since the possesion of suppressors is verbotten in MN (the state where NOTHING is allowed) this is the best I can do.

The little tactical single shot Stevens bolt gun has proven quite deadly on varmints with subsonic .22 ammo around my place.

post-5799-1231032664_thumb.jpg

Edited by Keith

My 10/22 is at Volquartsen right now, but basically a Ruger receiver, VQ (Volquartsen) trigger group drop in assembly, VQ bolt, VQ 16.5" graphite tension barrel, Mag Research 'Cuda stock and Holosight up top. Should have it back soon - sent it there as I installed barrel and could not get gun to run right, told them to perform reliability and function check. Been hearing alot of good things about CCI Select Ammo (say vs. Lapua, Eley, Fed, etc) The gun was overly ammo finicky which was one of the reasons she went to Volquartsen.

TY

Jkushner1

Cool thread. Here's mine - a 10/22 "Krink Plinker" SBR with an SWR Warlock can:

IMG_3278.jpg

The triangle stock folds just like a real Krink. I just removed the red dot and put on my Weaver 1-3x - love it!

Edited by chp5

Nice little 22's. I love the "tactical" Stevens :) How do you like the little GSG?

Sorry, I dont seem to be receiving e-mail notifications of replies anymore.

I do like the little GSG5PK. I thought for sure I was going to go through the red tape and short barrel rifle it but I'm not so sure now. It is kind of silly without a stock on it, though.

• 3 years later...

Tom,

That is the most badass gun I have ever seen that goes "pinnnk" instead of "boom".

Side note to the Ohio boys. CMP has a store at Camp Perry that has 40x rimfires in stock. USPSA members qualify to buy. Tom's gun makes me want to take a road trip.

What will you feed it? (or, would that make a good thread on it's own?)

I shoot a lot of smallbore prone at the Olympic Training Center. For a long time I shot a Anschutz 1913 or a Compass Lake 22 Upper on my AR-15 service rifle.

Lately I have been playing with this 40X and optics.

With Eley EPS blue box it shot a 596/600 on a 50 meter International Target at the Olympic Training Center first time out. Off the top of my head thats 56 of 60 shots inside a 1/2 inch. With a different flavor of Eley or playing with different lots of ammo I bet I could get a 600, but paying $15-20 a box for 22 ammo isnt gonna happen.

I still need to thread the barrel and put a suppressor on it. Maybe this summer when I have some free time.

Edited by Tom Freeman

I have a Savage BTVS in .22LR similar to what Kguns11 posted. Mine is pretty much stock except for the thicker aftermarket baseplate, and it has a 6x18 Nikon on it with the 20moa rail. The thing is amazingly accurate with the Wolf Match and CCI Standard Velocity ammo and is really my favorite rifle to shoot. What is really cool is that at ranges from 100-200 you really have to pay attention to the wind as it has much more dramatic affect on the .22 bullet (with it's rainbow like trajectory!) than a center fire rifle. To me it's similar to shooting a .223 or .308 at the 500yd+ ranges. I'm not a stellar rifleshot and am also easily amused, so I find this rifle to be a truckload of fun and it's a great training platform. I only wish I had more time to shoot it!

The boys at the 6mmBR website have a nice section on a tactical rimfire match which looks like it would be challenging and a a lot of fun to shoot - http://www.6mmbr.com/rimfiretactical.html - I could get into this.

Edited by Bamboo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
With a different flavor of Eley or playing with different lots of ammo I bet I could get a 600, but paying $15-20 a box for 22 ammo isnt gonna happen.

Well I got *that* monkey off my back. I got a case of the nerves/shakes/pulse way early in the 60 shot string. Shot #58 went wide right, another mm or two and it would have been a 9. However shot #51 and #57 were about as centered as you can get. I have yet to shoot anything higher than a 10.9 and I dont know if it is even possible. I guess I should ask.

We use electronic targets now days, but below is the old fashioned paper version.

Below with Eley Blue. I guess it was loose nut behind the scope keeping me from shooting a 600.

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03027.jpg

DSC02988.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Remington 40X rimfire.

Action blueprinted by Gene Davis.

Lilja tightbore 16 twist barrel.

Jewell HVR Trigger.

Badger 20 MOA Base & Badger rings.

AI-X Chassis.

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

:surprise: WANT!! Now I am really, REALLY wanting to build me up another lil bb slinger.

Joe W.

• 1 year later...