Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tacticool rimfires

Sgtsvi

I started both of these .22 projects and finally finished them a few days ago. I bought the Mark II 22/45 frame by itself on an auction site. The bolt and mainspring housing came from Ruger, and the barrel from tactical solutions. I topped the pistol off with a Cmore rail grabber I did a little trading for. I upgraded all of the internals with a Volquartsen custom trigger, hammer, sear, and extractor.

The 10/22 was like new and was stripped of most factory parts. All the trigger and hammer parts were changed out with VQ parts like the pistol. Tactical solutions also supplied the barrel. The stock in a McMillan/VQ custom stock that really fits well and makes the Ruger feel like a adult size rifle. The scope is a Mueller APV 4.5 X 14 AO scope and is set in Leupold rings and base. The project would not be complete without a SWR Warlock suppressor. This is my third can from SWR and I can't say enough about their quality. These guns are stupid quiet with standard velocity ammo. The are both very accurate as well.

Now I am looking for a Walther PPK .22 and a Beretta 87 cheetah to complete the rimfire collection of guns I can suppress.

daves029.jpg

daves027.jpg

Edited by Sgtsvi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet .22's...

Here are a few of mine...

10/22 w/ boyds stock. Not exactly tacticool in the blue, but a sweet shooter none-the-less... Mueller APV scope as well...

Incredible glass for the price! TacSol 10/22 threaded barrel:

web.jpg

Buckmark + Tacsol barrel:

web.jpg

Dedicated Marvel .22 1911:

web.jpg

I have a love for .22's so have a couple "tacti-cool's" I've built up. Here's a couple pics of my .22 SBR. It's a 5" Kuehl upper.

26168IMG_1440.JPG

26168IMG_1438.JPG

26168IMG_1436.JPG

Since this pic was taken I have removed the folder and put on a CAR stock on it since I swap out the upper for my LTM 10.5" and need the buffer.

Edited by madone

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't let 00 be the only one.

Here's the way it started from the pawn shop:

DSC00573.jpg

An hour later with some parts layin' around and trigger goodies from Power Custom:

DSC00575.jpg

Basically it's identical to my new 3-Gun rifle...'cept this one has a 20" barrel. ;)

Rich

Old school tacticool and new school tacticool.

The top one is from the early 90's before there was any of the drop in stuff.

It was built to shoot prairie dogs. It has over 1000 kills at ranges out to just under 200yrds. I have a group I shot with it once. 5 shots at 50 yards. .022 group.

It was not just drop in everything on it was machined to fit.

post-11104-1215738886.jpg

Edited by vrmn1

• 3 months later...

I miss my baby but since I didn't shoot it enough I traded it for an STI.

ruger10_22_bipod.jpg

50 yard target shot off a concrete bench.

MVC-003F.JPG

100 yard target shot off of a concrete bench.

target3ed.jpg

Maybe one of these days I will build up another one just like her.

Joe W.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Built,bedded, Duracoated, camo'ed my self. It wears lower rings now and some "netting". Good for all those little pests.

Kidd trigger

Falcon 4.5-18X scope

A&B barrel

TPS picattiny base

Burris XTR rings

TIS sling

Eagle stock pack

Harris bipod

B&C stock

DSC01087.jpg

The results, If only I could hold harder :)

DSC01089.jpg

My way cool MK2. Wicked trigger Job. Built as a pin killer (pins on the back of the table during the cold months...pins explode with center fire rounds when it is under 15 degrees...very cool but hard to find pins these days) Grip was a VQ fixed up by Get-n-grip.

post-761-1230594656_thumb.jpg

The bottom gun is my Marvel .22LR 1911 conversion on a Kimber .45 lower. The can is in the case but not screwed on.

CIMG2857Medium.jpg

The Savage MKII Varmint with the thread protector "brake" on it.

CIMG2745.jpg

The Tac Sol 10/22 with can.

Ireland021.jpg

As far as rimfires go, that's all I have that is suppressed. For my centerfire rifles, they're all threaded for the SRT Shadow.