Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Clearances

Hi Folks,

Need helping prepping for future 1050 purchase. Can someone provide the following:

- Ideal distance from front edge of workbench that 1050 should be installed?

- Total height of 1050 including all attachements, ie casefeeder etc?

- Total height of KISS bulet feeder?

- How deep of a workbench do you need?

- Total workbench width required for 1050 install?

- Total workbench width required for 1050 w/KISS bullet feeder installed?

Thanks!!!

Hi Folks,

Need helping prepping for future 1050 purchase. Can someone provide the following:

- Ideal distance from front edge of workbench that 1050 should be installed? Flush with the front edge and you need 7" minuimum depth

- Total height of 1050 including all attachements, ie casefeeder etc? 38.5" but you need more room to add cases to the hopper, etc..

- Total height of KISS bulet feeder? 37"

- How deep of a workbench do you need? a bare minimum of 7" but 10" would be nice

- Total workbench width required for 1050 install? Minimum 18"

- Total workbench width required for 1050 w/KISS bullet feeder installed? minimum 24"

Edited by L9X25

Hi Folks,

- Ideal distance from front edge of workbench that 1050 should be installed? Flush with the front edge and you need 7" minuimum depth

- Total height of 1050 including all attachements, ie casefeeder etc? 38.5" but you need more room to add cases to the hopper, etc..

- Total height of KISS bulet feeder? 37"

- How deep of a workbench do you need? a bare minimum of 7" but 10" would be nice

- Total workbench width required for 1050 install? Minimum 18"

- Total workbench width required for 1050 w/KISS bullet feeder installed? minimum 24"

I concur with these numbers.

If you have a 7 or 8 foot ceiling, you're good to go, anything lower then you'd have to get creative by positioning the hopper between the joists. Also Id' recommend the there be a electrical box on the joist, to keep the 2 hopper wires off the bench.

My bench is 32" tall and I load sitting on a bar stool, but can load standing.

Edited by RePete

on older 1050's you have to mount them right on the corner of your bench if you flush mount them to the front, otherwise your handle will hit the bench on the downstroke. a number of people I know had to notch their benches as the 1050 is not on the right side corner. I just made a half inch aluminum plate and mounted the press to it, then attached the plate to the bench, slightly forward of flush. Doing it again I'd use a 3/4 inch plate as I think it would allow for flush mounting.

on older 1050's you have to mount them right on the corner of your bench if you flush mount them to the front, otherwise your handle will hit the bench on the downstroke. a number of people I know had to notch their benches as the 1050 is not on the right side corner. I just made a half inch aluminum plate and mounted the press to it, then attached the plate to the bench, slightly forward of flush. Doing it again I'd use a 3/4 inch plate as I think it would allow for flush mounting.

Until I figured out the notch the table trick I had problems getting really consistent ammo because the interference with the handle and table would not let the press go to full stroke...... And I have mine on steel plates mounted to the top of a table and still have to notch the plates...?

Mine's on a corner. Here's the other consideration --- I bought my bench initially to handle a 650 on a strong mount. The 1050 is a bit shorter, so to load I have to stand with my legs somewhat further apart than whne i load on the 650, and I have to be barefoot to be comfortable. I've never measured the difference, but workbench height could also be a factor......

Other than that --- Ideally you want that bench to be on concrete. If not you want it bolted to several wall studs. With that much going on -- 8 stations -- a even slightly wobbly installation will set you up for hours of frustration.....

Thanks folks, this is really helpful.

One follow-up question I had. Is the 7" to 10" depth okay with the casefeeder installed? Only reason I ask is that on my 550B with casefeeder, you need more clearance in the rear with it installed.