Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anybody CURRENTLY using bear creek bullets?

jimmy1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I called Bear Creek Bullets and talked to a guy named Steve.

He told me he had just processed a batch of bullets. I ordered 2K 40 cal. 180 gr. and 1K 147 gr. 9mm bullets.

Four days later the package arrived by US post office flat rate package. I love those folks they beat the heck out of UPS, FedEx and everybody else.

Anyway the 180's look identical to the Master Blaster. I can't say about the 147's because I never ordered them from MB.

Haven't shot any yet because I am practicing open for the Area 8.

My first experience with Bear Creek has been a good one. They will get more of my business.

Bear Creek Supply (209) 874-4322.

Nice people.

JFS

Chris, what is your titegroup load for 180? thread drift....

when i load bear creek 180gr, i get a bulge on the base and the bullet wont gauge, anybody knows what im doing wrong?

sorry for the drift....

Not sure whats going on there. Are you lubing your cases when you load them? What kind of dies are you using? Mine load just fine, case gauge and drop in the chamber no problem.

I LOVE THEM and their prices.

230gr RN

3.8gr titegroup

Dillon SDB

on occasion I will have one that wont fit my case gauge but usually no more than 1 or 2 per hundred. Thats not bad considering I use range brass. Even those will drop in my bbl but I wont use them for competition.....only range fun.

I just received 1.5k 40cal 180 TC to try out because of a 8 week B/O for Precision bullets.I loaded 50 today to chrono at what averages 4.3 to 4.4 of TG with a 1.173 to 1.180 OAL in a 5" STI.

In my gun should be close to good with 4.3 to 4.4 powder charge because at 4.4 to 4.5 of TG with a similar hard cast not Molly bullet I AVG 173PF and Molly supposed to be faster than reg lead.I hope.

I've also been using them for years with no leading issue. My choice for powder is 5.0 gr of 231 for major, 4.0 gr of 231 for minor. This out of a Para P16-40. I load long, to 1.175". I can load longer but that length gives me some wiggle room in case they jump the crimp and become longer. Bullet is either the 180 Truncated cone or the 180 Semi wadcutter. Whatever I feel like loading at the time or whatever I feel like ordering.

Yes I have been using 200grs Bear creeks for about a year in my .40 S_I 5 incher!

Very clean shooting! I'm using 4.2 grs of VV N320 and loading long. No signs of leading at all.

Went to them out of desperation (no jacketed at decent prices) Very happy with the results.

I use them for .40 SW and .45 ACP. Can't beat the price.

I use the 180 TC with 4.0 grains of TG and 1.120 OAL for a G35 with a LWD barrel. Using mixed brass. Dies are EGW U die, Dillon seat and Lee FCD with a pretty good crimp.

• 3 months later...
Chris, what is your titegroup load for 180? thread drift....

when i load bear creek 180gr, i get a bulge on the base and the bullet wont gauge, anybody knows what im doing wrong?

sorry for the drift....

i have just reloaded 200 of bear creek bullets

180gr bear creek

mixed brass

4.4 TG

WSR

using

EGW die, lee seating etc

and lee FCD on my RL 1050

all 200 wont fit case gauge but runs fine in my Millenium Custom Limited gun what gives???

Edited by ogiebb

:unsure: they are good and is very clean and soft ..but have you tried to case gauge them? almost every single ammo that i have loaded does not fit the gauge but perfect on the barrel..Thanks

ogiebb,

thanks for info. with the price of bullets through the roof, I like probably most other shooters on a tight budget are trying to find the most inexpensive alternative. how would you rate the quality of these bullets shooting through your g34.

Edited by gallardo0311

:unsure: they are good and is very clean and soft ..but have you tried to case gauge them? almost every single ammo that i have loaded does not fit the gauge but perfect on the barrel..Thanks

same here, won't fit in my case gauge but runs fine in my fat free. OgieBB how's the smoke with TG?

Edited by bulm540