Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A "Supreme" M.O.M. nomination

ima45dv8

D. Johnson, a.k.a. "Carlos" has done an outstanding job of breaking down the legal and political aspects of the current Supreme Court review of the 2nd to a level that even dummies like me can feel they have a reasonable grasp of the situation. His considerable efforts and insights have been invaluable to me (and others, it seems) in staying abreast of the drama as it unfolds.

He did this in a calm, informative, and enthusiastic manner, without inciting to riot over a subject that obviously is very passionate for all who gather here.

In recognition, he has been selected as our latest Member Of the Month.

Thanks, and congratulations Douglas!

I am truly honored, and I I can't thank the entire BE.com community enough for this fantastic recognition. This forum, and all the people who make it possible, have meant so much to me over the past few years, which is why I am at a loss for words right now other than: a heart-felt thanks to all!

Well deserved Douglas! Thanks for your insight.

BTW - how did you choose your forum name "Carlos"?

Thanks chp5! My middle name is Carl, after 1/2 of my old Swedish American relatives (the other half were either named "Sven" or "Olie"!).

At the time I registered on this forum, I think there was already some one using the forum name Carl, though I might have started using Carlos on another forum first. Intead of Carl, I started using my nickname from my high-school Spanish class: "Carlos" (which beats Sven or Olie in my book).

Later, I added a signature line so that no one would think my screen name came from long range shooting legend Carlos Hathcock (though I wish I could shoot 1/2 as well as he could). On other forums I have just used my USPSA number, TY-44934. Thanks again,

D.

Edited by Carlos

Well deserved Douglas! Thanks for your insight.

BTW - how did you choose your forum name "Carlos"?

Thanks chp5! My middle name is Carl, after 1/2 of my old Swedish American relatives (the other half were either named "Sven" or "Olie"!).

At the time I registered on this forum, I think there was already some one using the forum name Carl, though I might have started using Carlos on another forum first. Intead of Carl, I started using my nickname from my high-school Spanish class: "Carlos" (which beats Sven or Olie in my book).

Later, I added a signature line so that no one would think my screen name came from long range shooting legend Carlos Hathcock (though I wish I could shoot 1/2 as well as he could). On other forums I have just used my USPSA number, TY-44934. Thanks again,

D.

Hell, Jeff had to explain to me that you were Doug. :wacko: I talked to you off and on for a month before and didn't even know you were carlos until Jeff explained it to me. What can I say. It probably happens a lot, BE names and real names don't always correlate.

D. Johnson, a.k.a. "Carlos" has done an outstanding job of breaking down the legal and political aspects of the current Supreme Court review of the 2nd to a level that even dummies like me can feel they have a reasonable grasp of the situation. His considerable efforts and insights have been invaluable to me (and others, it seems) in staying abreast of the drama as it unfolds.

He did this in a calm, informative, and enthusiastic manner, without inciting to riot over a subject that obviously is very passionate for all who gather here.

In recognition, he has been selected as our latest Member Of the Month.

Thanks, and congratulations Douglas!

An excellent choice :cheers::cheers::cheers:

congrats Carlos

dj

• 2 weeks later...