Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage sponsors.

From a sponsors point of view we want exposure to shooters and non shooters alike. After all, we are looking for business opportunties from our sponsorship. Some of the things we look for are signage at the match, web exposure on match web site, logo on match shirt, recognition at the match and afterwards. As some of you know, I have sponsored Area 8, Summer Blast and the PSA Shootout and have had good experiences with them. My firm has also sponsored certain other matches with no announcements at the match and even though we received some exposure we decided the cost was not worth the little benefit and lack of announcement and the lack of a simple thank you. This year we are trying other matches since Area 8 is in Virginia and Summer Blast is no more.

We sponsor matches to support the shooters, and people looking for sponsorships should keep that in mind, as some people are asking for a ridiculous amount of sponsorship for a very tiny amount of exposure. Reaching 200 shooters, most of all who already know who you are already, isn't a super deal for the advertiser regardless of how good you think your match is, because most all of them will not purchase something out of the blue just because you hung a sign on a stage.

We are much more likely to give sponsorship to matches with reasonable requests. Returning people expensive signage when requested should be respected also IMO.

• 6 years later...

I've found small local businesses (not necessarily gun related) are more than happy to plaster their name around a stage.  From craft breweries to leather workers, we never seem to have to look far for stage sponsors.