zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. Think I meet the criteria for this.

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns. Check.

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive. Not sure if I shot the first Single Stack Classic, but I know for sure that I shot the second, and a bunch after that. 1911 Society member number 160 dated 1997.

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division. Check.

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban. None.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application. See below for photos of a recent build.

6) Proof of a USPSA Life-Membership number consisting of ONLY three digits will over-ride lack of two photos and proof of match participation. N/A.

7) 1911 Elitist / Snob Club board has final say on all matters, there is NO SUCH THING AS ARBITRATION!!!! Your call.

post-43146-0-00337300-1440366971_thumb.j

post-43146-0-74938300-1440367163_thumb.j

post-43146-0-51825800-1440367197_thumb.j

Ok. Think I meet the criteria for this.

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns. Check.

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive. Not sure if I shot the first Single Stack Classic, but I know for sure that I shot the second, and a bunch after that. 1911 Society member number 160 dated 1997.

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division. Check.

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban. None.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application. See below for photos of a recent build.

6) Proof of a USPSA Life-Membership number consisting of ONLY three digits will over-ride lack of two photos and proof of match participation. N/A.

7) 1911 Elitist / Snob Club board has final say on all matters, there is NO SUCH THING AS ARBITRATION!!!! Your call.

Welcome!

Non-Voting member

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns.

- Please see #5.

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive.

- I do not meet this criterion. In lieu of this, please consider that in 1986 as an Army E5 sergeant I once did range support for senior NCOs and officers who had to qualify with their M1911A1s. Though not needing to qualify as a junior NCO, I was allowed to shoot at 25-yard targets with my right and my left hand, using a gun that required aiming two feet to the left to hit the target. I was taught how to field strip and reassemble the gun that day as part of cleaning a lieutenant's gun for arms room turn-in. He found out his wife was in labor when we got back from the range so I volunteered to clean his gun. As I was cleaning the gun, my platoon sergeant cleaned his next to me and regaled me with "Colt Forty-Five" lore based on his Vietnam experience. This is not the same as shooting matches but a wonderful memory that helped bond me to the 1911 in a deep way.

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division.

- Have never shot a match with anything but a .45 1911.

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban.

- There aren't any.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

- Please see attached thumbnails.

USPSA: A91644

SCSA: A91644

post-33091-0-66601800-1440608172_thumb.p

post-33091-0-74534100-1440608177_thumb.p

Edited by GunBugBit

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns.

- Please see #5.

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive.

- I do not meet this criterion. In lieu of this, please consider that in 1986 as an Army E5 sergeant I once did range support for senior NCOs and officers who had to qualify with their M1911A1s. Though not needing to qualify as a junior NCO, I was allowed to shoot at 25-yard targets with my right and my left hand, using a gun that required aiming two feet to the left to hit the target. I was taught how to field strip and reassemble the gun that day as part of cleaning a lieutenant's gun for arms room turn-in. He found out his wife was in labor when we got back from the range so I volunteered to clean his gun. As I was cleaning the gun, my platoon sergeant cleaned his next to me and regaled me with "Colt Forty-Five" lore based on his Vietnam experience. This is not the same as shooting matches but a wonderful memory that helped bond me to the 1911 in a deep way.

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division.

- Have never shot a match with anything but a .45 1911.

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban.

- There aren't any.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

- Please see attached thumbnails.

USPSA: A91644

SCSA: A91644

Welcome GunBugBit

Non-Voting Member

I feel like I should know this but is it OK to shoot a 2011? Kinda plastic but kinda not.

Most parts are JMB and I think he would approve.

Sure it's ok, but it's not going to get you membership.

Hell, things have gotten pretty loose around here. I'm waiting for someone to kick me out

I feel like I should know this but is it OK to shoot a 2011? Kinda plastic but kinda not.

Hell, things have gotten pretty loose around here. I'm waiting for someone to kick me out

I am already in the club, just trying not to get kicked out!

I am already in the club, just trying not to get kicked out!

You're good

No zhunter. :yawn: Please don't leave. :yawn: We would be lost without your guidance. :yawn:

• 9 months later...

Single Stack is not something you can leave and go elsewhere. You can lower your standards and shoot another division, but you are always a Single Stack Elitist Snob. Slumming is permissible as long as you wash your hands before posting here.

• 1 month later...

Single Stack is not something you can leave and go elsewhere. You can lower your standards and shoot another division, but you are always a Single Stack Elitist Snob. Slumming is permissible as long as you wash your hands before posting here.

I don't know if this is true. I shot a glock once and was on probation. You can be expelled from the loyal order....

We need to resurrect this! The cult of Browning has been a little quiet lately.

Didn't the biggest cheerleader here go to Production? Somebody needs to step up the rhetoric.

Nope, I'm shooting CO... With a steel gun

• 4 weeks later...

This is my competition Les Baer Pll that I got back in 2001 and at 109k I had the upper rebuilt and fire controls and new Schuemann barrel, control parts put in and then at 112k The frame cracked due to a double load of Clays, "ALL on me".. so I got a new Les Baer frame and had it rebuilt with a high ball cut and 20 lpi under the trigger guard and a lot of other secret things..love it even more.. G.S.R. GunShot Residue  "Big Will" Van Gorder from Pontotoc Ms did the work..

https://www.facebook.com/GSR-838152719615772/

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

Edited by GmanCdp