Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need To Get Your Pictures Posted?

Shooter Grrl

I can host your pictures for you on my website - you send them to me, and I'll send back the url where they are located and you generate the post!

My email address is kathy@shooter-grrl.com and I can scan "reg" pics too, just email me to get my snail mail address.

• 4 months later...

I can still handle the occasional image or two as you know... And I've been rotating out really OLD images from my server space and replacing them with members' new postings when they occur. Space is still limited, but it's worked out OK up to now. B)

• 6 months later...

WOOOHOOOOO - GOT ME WEBSPACE FINALLY!

I'll start working on moving and re-linking what's already here and I'm ready to start adding more for y'all. The new deal provided 500mbs of space, so we're good to go for awhile :)

New email addie is kathy(hates spam)@shooter-grrl.com (REMOVE (hates spam))

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What does dpi mean? I am trying to resize my pictures and the "help Tab: does not recognize those initials. I do not want to post a picture that is too large. I cannot seem to find a way to just lower my pixels numbers.

I like film better than digital.

What does dpi mean? I am trying to resize my pictures and the "help Tab: does not recognize those initials. I do not want to post a picture that is too large. I cannot seem to find a way to just lower my pixels numbers.

It's actually pixels per inch.

Read this: Wikipedia PPI Definition

I like film better than digital.

That will change... ;)

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

One of you Gurus help me out.

When I post a picture, it shows a link in my post that you have to select. How do you embed a picture so that it automatically opens in the post???

signed,

dumber than a box of hammers (aka dj)

One of you Gurus help me out.

When I post a picture, it shows a link in my post that you have to select. How do you embed a picture so that it automatically opens in the post???

The photo has to be hosted on a web server.

For example, the picture below is hosted on my business web site at http://www.austindigital.biz/Polo/Lobsters.jpg.

Lobsters.jpg

When posting a message on the forums, just click on that little button that looks like a tree. It opens a window where you can enter the picture's web address.

I hope this helps.

-Chet

Thanks Chet.

Is there a standard way to resize pictures to 72 ppi as stated by shred above. If it helps I have a little Olympus camera and am using the Olympus Mater software that came with the camera.

Thanks Chet.

Is there a standard way to resize pictures to 72 ppi as stated by shred above. If it helps I have a little Olympus camera and am using the Olympus Mater software that came with the camera.

Hmm... I, too, use an Olympus camera but have never used the software that came with it.

I do PPI changes in Adobe Photoshop. I realize that it's an expensive application, but it's my most used tool at work so I'm 100% comfortable in it (for many other tasks than resolution changes).

I wish I could offer more specific answers based on your Olympus software, but I'm just not familiar with it.

-Chet

• 3 weeks later...
I can host your pictures for you on my website - you send them to me, and I'll send back the url where they are located and you generate the post!

My email address is kathy@shooter-grrl.com and I can scan "reg" pics too, just email me to get my snail mail address.

Hi Kathy Email sent.

GaryK.

• 6 years later...

With the recent forum software upgrade, you can now just attach your pictures to your posts.

I am still completely baffled by this. I cannot upload a picture to save my life. I have some things I’d like to contribute to the forum but at this point I am wasting my life away trying to make this happen. Anybody have a dummy proof step by step for attaching photos off a MAC with out having to host them on a web server?