Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Area 8 Championship

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great match. Muchas gracias to all of the staff and crew that busted their asses to make this thing work so well! And Matt, that was me that sent you the talking text message :)

Link to my POV

Another good pic of Vogel with the gun in motion ...

post-4139-1211827378.jpg

Speedy Seevers doing his thing ... recently switching out a cracked grip & using a borrowed C-More, he put up a good fight for Open Master.

post-4139-1211827149.jpg

And finally I can't say how much I appreciated Joe Procopio getting my TechWear shirts done just in time for the Area 8 match (which they sponsored). The material is light, yet comfortable, and very cool in the heat. I am looking forward to staying cool, and looking good at many more matches this summer. B) Thanks Joe.

post-4139-1211827606.jpg

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Ron Rodgers and his crew did one awesome job in getting the match on the ground and serving as staff. The deserve all accolades. Especially the setup crew. In the 21 days before the match it rained 18 of those.

My hat is off to the crew, Thanks for an awesome job, they have set the bar for all to meet for future Area 8 Matches. And having a prize giveaway totaling $30,000 is just the icing on a great match.

Alan Meek

USPSA

Director Area 8

As part of the staff I'd like to say thanks to the shooters that made the trip to Area 8. With the economy the way it is and a tank of gas costing almost as much as a case of bullets- thanks for turning out 300+ strong making the Area 8 match a success! :cheers:

A big tip of the cap to Ron Rodgers, Bill Warble, Phil Clark & the staff at East Huntingdon that did all the behind the scences work from securing sponsors & vendors, prizes, stage design, & all of the other things that go into a match before the first shot is fired. Thanks again guys for a job well done! You certainly have rasied the bar for Level III matches. :cheers:

Thanks to the ladies that gave up their weekend to do the adminstrative things at the match Kim & Darlene. Dennis thanks for putting in long days in the stats room crunching the scores & posting results in a timely fashion.

Thanks to Gary Stevens who decided to be the Range Master this past weekend instead of "mowing the jungle I call a yard". I'm sure when you get on that mower you won't miss that radio in your ear! At least when you are mowing in back of the house you won't be getting a call to come to the front! :roflol:

Alan Meek "shot" more rounds than I did - and that's saying alot -with his camera and has posted and will continue to post action shots of those who he captured in the lense. Thanks Alan for some great action photos.

Special thanks to my RO mates "Phed" - CRO Phil Williams & RO Ed Nielsen who mentored me as a RO on Stage 7. :bow:

A very special thanks to the gal in the pink Glock shirt that handed out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies to the RO's after her squad shot on Sunday. :D

Hope to see you all again at the next major match in the Pittsburgh area whenever that may be!

Best regards,

Mike

This was a smooth running, excellent match. I think the stages were a good test and how can you beat the weather. Matt Trout, a couple years/matches ago, showed me a great local restaurant/pub and we made the visit to it twice. Leo's, it was a lot of fun.

Edited by BSeevers

That was a kick ass match. I shot like crap for the first half getting 12 mikes in 6 stages, and then I calmed the hell down and shot the last ones clean. Stages where awesome, the staff was friendly and competent as hell.

Great job guys.

Hell Vlad it took you 6 stages to get 12 mikes ? I managed to get 12 along with 7 FTE's just on stage one. Had the jam from hell, couldn't do anything with it so turned it over to Flex who managed to get my G34 apart. Thanks Flex. Bad reload on my part.

My first Area match, it was great. Stages were fun, diverse, and tempting, and who could forget the flush port-a-johns!

Bruce

Edited by bruce282

That was a kick ass match. I shot like crap for the first half getting 12 mikes in 6 stages, and then I calmed the hell down and shot the last ones clean. Stages where awesome, the staff was friendly and competent as hell.

Great job guys.

Hell Vlad it took you 6 stages to get 12 mikes ? I managed to get 12 along with 7 FTE's just on stage one. Had the jam from hell, couldn't do anything with it so turned it over to Flex who managed to get my G34 apart. Thanks Flex. Bad reload on my part.

My first Area match, it was great. Stages were fun, diverse, and tempting, and who could forget the flush port-a-johns!

Bruce

I almost forgot about the flushing porta john's! Did anyone notice that the hand sanitizer worked and smelled almost as good as Pro Grip? I considered drilling out the rivets to fill up my bottle but my conscious wouldn't let me! I couldn't even get the name off the bag inside the dispenser...... Gotta find out what that stuff was!

Just wanted to say Thanks to the Area 8 Match Team. Thanks for working so hard assembling the stages in miserable weather. Stages were great. Look forward to next year.

Yes, it was another excellent match. Very technical and very deceivingly difficult. I want to thank the staff for making it another enjoyable one.

Edited by racerba