Post Music Here

38supPat

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

SAMMY HAGAR has some great "Going To Match" songs ........... I Can't Drive 55, & There's Only One Way To Rock, & Bad Motor Scooter, etc.

Of course there's LOTS of bands whose songs could be used to get pumped up with on the way to a match. And of course theres just alot of good bands out there. Some of my favorites:

Van Halen

Def Leppard

Ratt

Tesla

Great White

Ozzy/Sabbath

Dokken

Cinderella

Kiss

this is starting to sound like a hair-band greatest hits commercial ........

SRV

KWS

Jonny Lang

Pink Floyd

And of course WHO COULD FORGET Terrible TED, huntin' mountain lions with a BOW! :D:D:D

Artists who put out some good stuff are:

Simply Red

Phil Collins

Beach Boys

Ronstadt

Seager

Most of the Old Motown groups

Elvis

BB King

Righteous Bros

Eagles

Orbison

Alan Jackson

Merle

Marty Robbins

Hank Jr

Reba

Toby Keith

Kenny Chesney

Pavarotti

Mirella Freni

Bonnie Raitt

Sting

Lots more....

Cake

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Hey has anybody ever tried listening to Cake's "Going The Distance" and thought of yourself as the guy in the song??? Pretty cool to listen to, and picture yourself shooting all A's ............ "Churning and Burning, they yearn for the Cup!"

Lol B)B)B)

Slayer

Morgoth

Pungent Stench

Old Metallica

Carcass

Kreator

Napalm death

and a heck of a lot more

if i want to relax i listen to

Steve Vai

Joe Satriani

Eric Johnson

BB king

lee Rit

Tuck andres

Darn theres just so many good stuff out there.. :wacko::wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I just picked up a new CD from LeAnn Rimes...what a voice for a kid....

she really is a reincarnated Pasty Cline....she can sing the old ones, like an old one....

Listening to Love Sick Blues, by Hank Sr....she does it really well.... :wub:

You guys need to check out the Super Suckers. Based on some of the bands mentioned. The Mustve Been Live is their country album which is great traveling music. Superlicious sounds is good rock and roll

Other Favorites:

Bouncing Souls

Dropkick Murphy's

Screaching Weasel

Pantera

This may be a little out of character, but I really dig this new song "Come to Jesus" by Mindy Smith. Shoulda been an all-acoustic arrangement, though. It's almost like she's the baby sister of the Soggy Bottom Boys from O' Brother Where Art Thou?

Swing Out Sister ... I don't know how to categorize their music ... sort of jazzy, nightclub kind of stuff, but they're awesome and woman has one of the best voices in the business. She sounds a lot like Alison Moyet (formerly of Yaz), but smoother.

Too Much Joy ... they hooked me with their song "Crush Story" when I heard it on the "modern rock" station in San Francisco back in the late 1980s. Lots of irony and humor in their lyrics.

Edited by rhino

i have a theory that people arent interested in new music after their mid-late 20s. maybe thats why i see so much old stuff on peoples lists here. i almost never listen to the radio anymore...i cant tolerate some of the new stuff that passes as music. in my 20s, i was a big rem fan/collector. occasionally i'll listen to some other stuff from my younger years (u2, led zep, ac/dc, eagles, etc), but 95% of the time i've got rem playing in my car (my car stereo has a 10 gig hard drive, onto which i've recorded over 100 rem cds, bootlegs, singles) i dont think my shooting/traveling buddies appreciate that! :wacko:

(ps...i hate their politics and political grandstanding...but do like their music)

Well, I guess I'm the exception that proves your theory.

I can't hardly stand most of the stuff I listened to in high school (early 90's). My library keeps getting updated with new bands. However, there seems to be some stuff that never gets old (Alice in Chains, Rush).

The CD I burned for this road trip (ha! road trip) was almost all new stuff: 3 Doors Down, Story of the Year, Killswitch: Engage, New Found Glory, 311.

Crap. I started hating new music when I was in High School. Rock and Roll died in the mid 80's, had a brief resurgence in the early/mid 90's. I think its finally died for good now.

Time to get out the Rosemary Clooney records... ;)

driver8M3

I don't think it is that you stop wanting to keep up with music after your 20's but usually you are married and your family lif precludes really getting into new stuff....when my kids came along...i didn't have enough $$ to buy the albums so all I could do was listen to the radio...you just get involved in other stuff...you'll notice that the single shooters here are usually more up to date with the new stuff while those who are married have mulitple places to spend their bucks.

• 1 month later...

Vince Gill, but an older cd about '92 or so...titled, I Still Believe In You, and the cut titled, Nothing Like a Woman

She lights a candle

and gets that look in her eye

and she says boy, can you handle

making love to me all night...

Good dance tune...and what ever else you might want to do..... ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dream Theater - saw them live at the 9:30 in DC, incredible doesn't begin to describe it. The only band I'll drive more than an hour to see.

Shadow Gallery - like Dream Theater but heavier, and kind of political. Tyranny is as good a rock opera as ever has been recorded.

Tiles

Fates Warning

Under The Sun

Rush

The Wallflowers

Rainer Maria

Michael Hedges

Phil Keaagy

Apocalyptica

Bjorn Lynne

Fluke

Autechre