Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have one yet, but am making specific plans. Fellow shooter will custom-build a bench in what passes for my laundry (plumbed 'n ventilated) hall closet. Totally accessible with sliding door open, totally concealed with door shut. Hotcha! Will not be big but will work. Will post photo(s) when it's (eventually) done. B)

Jerome--

Very, very nice setup. (Complete with bulletin board, even!) Looks like a full-fledged retail display!

Jeeper--

Talk about CUSTOM!! :)

I think JB just wanted to show off all his bullets and primers.....and Jeeper how much money he has invested in plastic bins.....

Lets get a few more up there, then I'll post mine so everyone can LTMFAO.

:P

I was taking measurement today...looking to add walls to the basement. Going large, with lots of light.

Jeeper,

I like your clean setup! The other day, I reloaded for the first time since we came to the new house. With a clean bench, and everything in the proper place, I was able to get a smooth 800 rounds out of the 650 in around 50 minutes. (I ran out of loaded primer tubes.)

My brother Gene and I share the reloading bench. Here's our setup.

post-1467-1135557235_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557264_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557285_thumb.jpg

Look for an article in an upcoming Front Sight on the tumbler cabinet. It's soundproofed, fan cooled so all 4 tumblers can run at once, and on a timer so that it runs at night and turns off automatically.

Edited by Nolan

I took the picture and searched the site for instructions on how to post it but could not find anything. I guess I get an "F" on searching the site. :( Could one of you please lead me to a post that tells how to post pictures here. Thanks :rolleyes:

Jim

Oh man. You guys are bummin' me out with those highly organized efficient looking benches. Mine is chaos incarnate. :wacko:

No shjt Jeeper! Do you own stock in Akro bin or something? That first setup must have been sweet. Not that the second one is anything to scoff at but the first one just oozed with class. Nice job.

-ld

Tell the truth now, how long did take you to clean up the room B4 you took the pics?

That exact thought crossed my mind as well. <_<:D

That was right after i finished building it so it was a little cleaner then.

As far as the Acro-bins go you should see my shop. I love those things. I think I bought a few hundred at grainger one time.

Here's my 550B. It's kinda hard to see in this pic because the lighting in my shop is slightly yellow. I'm gonna hang a couple fluorescent shop lights I bought at Walmart this weekend to brighten things up a bit. Still need to get me some a them Akro bins. 550b.jpg

John

Ha ha, thanks. The only hard part was air brushing all the tourists out of the room.

After seeing Nolan and Jeepers' actual setups, posting my real reloading bench would have been like submitting pictures of a camper trailer to architectural digest. Maybe we need a separate thread for "worst setups" where the less fortunates like myself will feel more comfortable sharing their pics. My personal library/computer lab/office/trophy hall/storage/reloading/dark room is pretty good but I'm sure there are some really nice ones out there. Anyone loading on a fold up table? Walking into a non-walkin closet maybe? Does getting your bench ready involve first lowering a tail gate? Come on, I know you're out there.

Patches--

Obviously you were/are one of the looters in Iraq and just got back in a hurry. Nice shop. Yeh, you definitely need some overhead flourescents to make it feel like home. :D

Jim Eyerman--

You may e-mail me the photo if you have TOO much trouble with posting it (as long as it's not too big a file--I'm still on dialup out here) and I can post it FOR you from MY server space. Shooter Grrl could do the same for you if you prefer.

There IS a thread somewhere from earlier times that outlines the procedure, but we now have the new board which makes it all easier. You'll need to know the filepathway from storage at your Internet Service Provider's server or an online storage area you have access to.

Flex,

Yes, the metal plates really make a difference by spreading the load over a larger area of the bench, but primarily the're to make it easier to swap in a single stage press or shotgun press. Each plate has tapped mounting holes for the Dillon 550, MEC shotgun, RCBS single stage, or Lee Pro1000 presses.

I used .250 thick aluminum plate that had been scrapped at work because it was already cut to size and shape and best of all it was free!

This is an oak desk from an old school that got torn down. It's quite sturdy and it has plenty of drawers to keep all my powder and components. :)

Seems kinda backwoods compared to some of you guys. :)

better.jpg