Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Idea about Match Screw-ups

benos

Kyle recommended we start this forum, so we can all learn from each others mistakes, or at least get a good laugh!

be

Well, I might as well post Kyle's screw-up, just to get it rolling...

"For example...today a drew to a target (8 yards) that was located well to the left of the start box, then swung to a similar target that was well to the right.  I'd would say the swing was over 120 degrees.  The stupid part...I watched the front sight the whole way."

I posted this in another thread.  It belongs with my bit that Brian "quoted" for my in the starting post.

Don't get me wrong, I have lost plates.  But it was due to me...the shooter.  I lost a plate at my last match.  It was a single white plate, which happened to be in front of a white wall, at a decent distance.  

I lost that plate due to the fact that my focus was in the wrong spot.  I was following my front sight around while swinging the gun (did it the whole match...no wonder I didn't feel smooth).  Instead, I should have been leading with my eyes to the next target.  (call shot on one target...shift eyes to the next target, the gun follows the eyes...as the gun comes on target, shift focus to the front sight)

O.K., that was two out of four stages for that match.  I teach myself to lead with the eyes!