Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please Read Before Posting

benos

wow,,,quick response to a request,,,

i also love to kill clays,,,i haven't shot a course enough to know what my average score is but i shoot in my back yard,,,when i'm having a good day i count the misses,,,on a bad one i count the hits!!!

my buddy is setting up a 3 gun 870,,,he's good,,,i shoot a side-by-side parker hale copy made in spain,,,my buddy calls it a  'fowling piece',,,( but then he calls me that if hes down wind after beans dinner!!!),,,its a light and short field gun,,,fits me to a tee,,,

would it be ok to ask about reloading for shotguns here,,,i'm guessing that 3 gun shotgun loads are different than sporting clays loads,,,i just have some questions about whether it makes sense for me to reload or not,,,which press,,,etc...

i hope this takes off,,,i'll be watching,,,

oh,,,if i can help i will,,,

Brian,

You truly are da man!  I'd be happy to help moderate with the understanding that I'm still learning.  

Maybe it's just that the kid in me never grew up.  I just LOVE watching those puppies vaporize...

Eric

Thanks SS.

EricW,

Arn't you some sort of mondo international trap wizard? Any experience on Clays or FITASC?

3qt,

Personally, I couldn't provide any assistance on load data for shotgun because I've done very little reloading. (I've always had the good fortune to have a sponsor.)

Anyone shotgun reloading experts out there? Patrick?

be

BE,

I'm not even close to being a Whizzo.  I don't think I've shot trap "formally" since I was eighteen.  (I was not a good shooter back then - wrong attitude - OK, OK - BAD attitude.)  I just started shooting Clays very casually  about three years ago.  Never shot FITASC - I think I'm afraid to.  My fragile ego may not be able to handle it.

I'm going for my first formal clay shooting lesson tomorrow, so I'll be happy to relay all the vast storehouse of knowledge I gather back to the forum.  :) I do know a couple of people who could be SC "experts" to the forum.  I'll see if they're interested.  

I can help with some of the simple reloading issues - been doing that for years.  

Eric

I'll help with Clays. I shot USPSA since 1986. I shot three Chevy Truck Challenges and looked ugly on the shotgun events. Joined Forest City Gun Club in Savannah, GA - a local Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays club to prepare for CTC. Now I got hooked on shotgun and shoot 95% shotgun, 5% pistol. I'll help anyway I can. I reload extensively (pistol and shotgun) and can talk the pros and cons of most shotgun equipment.

Glad you started a Clays page.

Pistol shooters - warning, shooting Clays may quickly impact lure you away from your pistols! There is something truly satisfying about smokeballing a clay target.