Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

upload squadding INTO EZ 3.02 ?

Flexmoney

I am trying to upload the self-service squadding from the USPSA site into EZ.

Nevermind...got it. Had to save it as a txt file. :)

Flex,

I am having the same problem. I got it to import but it said that it cannot find the competitors. They imported using the text file but none of them registered. Do they have to be in EZ first before I import them? Most of the competitors have never shot at our club until now so they have never been entered in the ezwin.

Thanks

Mike

No, the flow of the system is that you register your competitors in EzWinScore, then export your guys from there and import into the web-based Self Service Squadding. People make their changes there, and then you export from the web and import SQUADDING ONLY into ezws. You can't add new people into Self-Service squadding and then import them new into EZWS from there. That was never the intent.

No, the flow of the system is that you register your competitors in EzWinScore, then export your guys from there and import into the web-based Self Service Squadding. People make their changes there, and then you export from the web and import SQUADDING ONLY into ezws. You can't add new people into Self-Service squadding and then import them new into EZWS from there. That was never the intent.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

That worked for me.

However...I had to manually go back into the self-squadding to send each member (that I loaded over from EZ) an email with thier password. The self-squadding system didn't auto-generate the email to send to the competitors. (which I believe it does if you put them in manually, or make any changes to their info)

Correct, auto upload does not send the emails - I'll think about adding it.

Also, the PIN from the Front Sight label will also work as a competitor password if you got the competitor's member number correct and the competitor has been a member long enough to be included in the on-line database (uploaded monthly).

• 1 year later...

Is there a procedure on how to upload a competitor registration csv file into EZWS?

No, there's not. The intent was that somewhere you have to enter (or select from a masterfile) the names of people who are your competitors in a given match, and it might as well be in ezwinscore itself so that there are no formatting mistakes and people by-god get registered correctly.

Edited by wgnoyes

No, there's not. The intent was that you have to enter somewhere the names of (or select from a masterfile) people who are your competitors in a given match, and it might as well be in ezwinscore itself so that there are no formatting mistakes and people by-god get registered correctly.

I respect the concern re formatting. However, if EZW can export a file to be uploaded to the USPSA self squadding site and then take the output from USPSA and upload back into EZW once squadding is done, couldn't one simply upload a file into EZW in the same format that the USPSA self squadding site provides? I don't have access to the self squadding system so I don't know if it returns a csv file or some sort.

Reason I ask is that we setup a match registration form that outputs a csv file. it would be great if we could just add the squad and upload into EZW.

thanks,

Al

It is a csv, the format is comp#, fname, lname, uspsa_prefix, uspsa_number, squad#, and there's a header row that reads "9999,START,START,A,0,9998". (I'm a little surprised it's a csv; I wonder how I haven't been tripped up before now with someone with the name "Smith, Jr.") You'll note there is nothing in there about division, class, PF, category, mailing address, email, or the like. That's not the intent; rather, all this file does is update the squad numbers in ezws. It will not add competitors into ezws who aren't already there. That is, you can't register people in self-service squadding and then seed ezws from that. (You REALLY can't now; they took away the option to manually enter someone online after people wasted untold hours registering people on the web app and then not being able to directly import that info.)

I'll pass the suggestion on to Roger and Rob.

If you have access to an external database application on your system, you CAN open up the DBA_competitors table in your match file through an ODBC connection and fill in your competitors that way. But there are an awful lot of fields in a competitor record demanding this or that specific format, and it's just not worth the risk of not being able to finish scoring a major match because you got something wrong in formatting when you were importing your competitors' particulars. I've been there and seen that before (at a Nationals, no less; at least we caught it on the first day!), and it's not pretty!

Edited by wgnoyes

• 1 year later...

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP

I for one would love to be able to take our excel or csv file from our registration file and simply import it into EzWin. As an alternate how about making populating a match easier? start typing the name or USPSA number and the system should find the person you are looking for. having to mouse click through the lists is a pain. One other enhancement would be to allow all information relative tot he shooter to be input into the DB from one screen. We used to, now to save divisions we have to go out to a different screen. a PAIN.

Thank you