Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-11

Should we start this one over again? I am wondering how many of you guys shoot this going in the same direction both before and after the reload. I see a lot of guys shoot left to right, reload then go right to left. I shoot all 12 rounds left to right. Shot it today Open with a not spectacular but solid HF of 11.1111. Anyone know about what per centage that would be in Open?

99-11.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually (when I get used to moderating) I want to have no extraneous topics in this forum so if everyone could post in the pre-determined thread it would be much appreciated.

That being said, your run looks to be around 93%. I'd say that's pretty solid. B)

I always try to draw and reload to the target furthest to the left. It just seems like a shorter distance to move the gun for a right-handed shooter.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Shot this yesterday.....

Turned into the gun (right handed) , shot left to right, then right to left

L10 5.72 sec 54 pts 9.4406 HF

If my calculations are correct (TIS ? ?) I believe it should be around 87%

laters,

gr

• 1 month later...

Open: 50 points in 4.70 seconds, one Miss, 8.5106 hit factor

A 1.43 draw, teen splits and transitions, a 1.36 reload (a good one for me), then broke shot number 11 early transitioning to T3, an inch to the left.

I'm wondering if I should have taken the extra shot. I'm sure I could have taken it in .20 or less. Let's say an A for 55 points, less the penalty: 45/4.90=9.1836. Should have taken it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jake

6.27 sec, 60 pts, HF 9.569, L10, first pass

6.55 sec, 60 pts, HF 9.160, L10 sec pass

6.22 sec, 58 pts HF 9.324 L10 third pass

6.11 sec, 52 pts, HF 8.510 L10 fourth pass

Avg 6.29 sec, 57.5 pts, HF 9.141

Just getting back into USPSA, unclassified now. In what class would this place me Nationally in L10.

Looking at the rest of the posts on this topic, I feel like I'm a lot slow compared to Ron and Tom and Erik. Running about 95% speed now, any faster and my hits will plummet. I'm a bit reluctant to try to burn a mid 5 sec run and see my points fall to 50 or so.

I shot this with a guy, A class, Open.

5.10 sec, 54 pts, HF 10.567

5.29 sec, 52 pts, HF 9.829

5.02 sec, 52 pts, HF 10.358

He is a full 1.1 sec faster than I am. Damn, I just don't think I have a 5.02 in me...

"Damn, I just don't think I have a 5.02 in me..."

I hope you don't really believe that. :(

El Prez is improved in dry fire.

('m sorry for being a "one-song-singer", but it's SO true)

In fact, if you did 100 dry elprezzes a day, I would bet a pound of powder your dry par time would be four seconds flat in 60 days tops. (That's ten minutes of work, not counting time between them)

Then, your live fire par time would be mid fours-low fives.

It bums me out to hear anybody say they can't do something...

SA

Damn Steve

I thought low 6 sec was pretty good for a 57 year old guy who is just getting back into it.

I understand your drive and determination, strive to be the best, pro shooter, sponsored, Natl Champ, etc. I was that same person at age 32, quarter century ago!!!

Don't think time is on my side to make GM, but I would like to get my M card before I can't get out of the wheel chair. My purpose in life if a bit different now than then too. Want to hunt Africa again, want to fish Alaska a few more times, and have some time to play with my grandkids. At my point in life, it isn't all about winning a handgun match, even the Nationals. It is about friends, family, and quality of life.

Our relative positions on achieving our goals in pistol shooting are skewed by our ages, and the perspectives our age gives up. I certainly support your efforts to reach the highest levels within this or any sport, but let's both be realistic about me getting there with you.

In fact, if you did 100 dry elprezzes a day, I would bet a pound of powder your dry par time would be four seconds flat in 60 days tops. (That's ten minutes of work, not counting time between them)

Forgive my ignorance . . . but how do you do a dry el prez? Do you drop the hammer as if its your first shot than then just get more sight pictures? Do you press on the trigger even though the hammer is down?

Rhino

I guess you drop the hammer on the first target and say bang, bang,bang,bang,bang,...reload, repeat. I have no doubt that he is correct that I could improve my turning and my transitions, just by doing that. Don't know if I could take 1 sec off my time though.