Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

experience w Bar-Sto BS-40

SV'init

any range reports from anyone on the BS-40? I just recently testfired one and I would like to know what you guys think of em. any words for the CA approved wide-body? how did the gun feed, eject, cycle? how was the fit, and what do you think of the mags? I thought the gun was very accurate and the trigger wasnt bad for stock, It didnt run 100%, out the box (not that most run perfectly out of the box) overall, what do you think? would you do anything different, what were your likes and dislikes? do you think the $2000+ price tag is comperable or better than a factory STI EDGE? thanks y'all!

if a new sti/svi is what you're looking for, the bs40 or an svi is your only choice. 2 of my friends bought the bs40. the lockup is tight on it and requires quite a few rounds to loosen it up (very hard to rack the slide back). I'd use a lower recoil spring and shoot it till it got a little looser. The mags are 10 rounders and its a bit harder to load than the older style 10 rounders that were cut almost all the way around the body with a huge dimple in the middle. The front sight is a bit too high requiring the rear bomar to be adjusted way too high also. that can be easily remedied by filing the front down or buying a front sight of your choice. other than that, it works great.

Your other option is a SVI 45. They sell it as a 45 with a interchangeable breech face. The cost is higher (2400) but the factory does all the mods you want after you DROS it and send it back to them. Of course the mods aren't free but the fit and function is perfect when you get it back.

Your last option is to buy used. Though the prices for used SVI or STI is very over inflated in kali... :angry:

I think Bob at Brazos Custom likes BarSto barrel in his custom guns...I have never heard anything bad about Barsto barrels other than the price. I would think their guns would be as good as well.

I might even prefer the BarSto gun over the STI although when you look I think you'll find the same gun made by different folks. The SV IS my preference but then I'm just partial to SVs...

Because you live in Cali, you really don't have a choice. Except, actually, you do.

Winning gun at the Nationals was actually a Glock. Believe those are CA approved, have better mag capacity, are made in the USA, and they cost a lot less too (plus there are prebans for it). Now, there are 140 MM mag extensions for the excellent US made M&P 40 and it costs less too. And don't forget about the Tanfoglios that Henning sells (should be pre-bans around for that one) or the CZ Tactical Sports .40 - it also has capacity equal to the S_I. These are winning guns in the right hands.

ive been running barsto in almost two years now. when i got the gun new it is VERY tight and have some sharp edges. but accuracy and reliability is great. it feeds factory and long ammo. i am satisfied with the gun. with cali legal barsto you dont have to wait months as for going the cali legal sv you may have to shell more $$$$ and lead time...

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Edge and a buddy has the BS40. We got them at the same time. The BS40 took a long time to breal in, btu there is no significant difference now.

As for the Glock......Got plenty of them. I think I spent a lot of money to make the modifcations for it to be like and STI.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Bar-Sto,it runs 100% and is the

most accurate pistol I have ever fired.I shoot

Steel Challenge limited division and to be

honest just changing over to the Bar-sto gun

took 10 seconds off my over all time!It might

have somthing to do with the grip fitting me

perfectly but I will take it...best 2k I have ever spent