Uspsa Hall Of Fame

kimel

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that Jerry Barnhart was the last one to win a Nationals with a 45. In 1987? It was a Nastoff. I was there shooting a near identical Nastoff 45. Proving that it is the indian not the arrow. :roflol:

That's true.

Robbie shot a super that year but the primers were flowing out. I don't know if he zeroed the standards or what, but he lost a ton of points and Jerry was there to gobble up the win.

The other thing that needs to be checked is the last limited nationals to be won with a .45. I suspect that was Rob but Rob and Jerry traded back and forth there for a bit. In the beggining I think both were using SS .45's. At least I know Rob was and Jerry did too at the first one.

Jack

Jack I seem to remember either the '94 or '95 Limited Nationals in Reno where Robby said the Team Springfield guys will only shoot singlestacks because it's what SA sold. He won, I think Arnt (sp?) was third and some really fast kid named Jack Barnes was 4th (I think).

Rich

We definitly had to shoot singlestacks! Robbie was stone cold set on it - and in the end it all worked out. Particularly for him ;) I still have that old single stack I shot at most of those matches. I've since retired it, but what a great gun. Probably the best .45 I've ever owned - and I've owned a few. I had a back up .45 to it - and to my recollection I never shot it in a match. The first was too good!

I can't for the life of me remember where we ended up. Rob definitely won. Jerry was up there, and Todd was up there. I ended was somewhere in the 4th, 5th or 6th range. I just can't remember.

Apparently I was fast but lacked in accuracy! :o

Otherwise I would've made Robbie wish he'd had a double stack!!! :devil:

Jack

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll have to dig through my stuff, I had some pix of him, and Bennie Cooley, in the very early 90's at Missoula. He was shooting a Wilson 38 Super as I recall and kicked all our asses pretty good!

Ya he still has that Pistol too:) That would be cool to see some old video of him:)

• 1 year later...

Where should we build the Hall of Fame? Quincy?

Why not a virtual Hall of Fame, photo's, video's, biographies etc. could all be stored in an online-museum. They've already converted all the old Front Sight magazines into .pdf, if they did the same with old match booklets etc. it could be an enormous resource for this sport.

My wonder if something like this could be as special exhibit at the NRA National Firearms museum on something.

It's would be awesome to see the guns and gear through time as well.

Who has contacts?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...