Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning XT trap

spiderman

I'm considering ordering a Browning XT trap 12 ga.  Does anybody know if it has built in Cast off ?  I now have a Beretta Onyx with it and really like it for field work.  Also, Any ratings out there for the XT Trap? I live in a small town so I can't get to see one before I buy.

I would suggest that yuo shoot trap with the Beretta for a while B4 you buy a dedicated trap gun.  You can shoot other things with the Beretta, but you can only shoot trap with a trap gun, as they usually pattern 65/35 or higher so the trap shooter can watch the bird break.

Just a thought.

My Browning trap gun does not have any cast, that I can see anyway. But it's not a XT. I would call the factory to confirm that and ask about the adjustable stock model.

The Brownings are excellent and consistent guns so no worries there! I can't say whether you will like it or not, but they shoot just fine- like most other high quality shotguns. Not much help there!!!

Good luck

The Browning web site has most of the specs on their guns. I don't have it on this computer but i think it's browningusa.com. A friend has a xt skeet that he uses for trap also and I've shot it too. It's a very nice shotgun and I'd love to have one myself except for the cost. It works well for both trap and skeet but I would think the trap gun would be a little better for trap only. They offer the adj cheek piece stock and with it you can adj the point of aim. I shoot a 425 and I'm very happy with it, I don't think you can beat a Browning OU. : )

• 14 years later...
5 hours ago, Cchance315 said:

The Browning XT trap has a neutral stock it's probably when the most popular trap guns out there but I would shoot before you buy because I know I personally do not shoot it well even though it's a great gun

the thread is 14YRS old, bet he has either bought one or forgotten all about it.

• 9 months later...

I bought used fancy BT-99 .polish reciever, engraving, 34" ported barrel. 

patterned the gun and is shot close to 50/50. I have to almost cover the

bird to get good breaks. would be nice to shoot the gun on a pattern

board b4  purchase.

• 5 months later...