Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who To Send A Xd9 Tactical For Work?

ddj8052

Hey guys. I am looking for some advise on who to send my new XD9 Tactical too for some competition work. The gun will be used primarily for shooting steel but also some run and gun type shooting. I only get to shoot stuff like that at an unsanctioned indoor match which we put on. It is scored like an ICORE match but you can run what you have got.

Anyways, back to the question at hand. I would like to have the following things performed:

-Dawson fiber optic front sight.

-Bomar rear sight.

-Magwell? (I think I have read that this can be done.)

-And the biggie, Trigger job.

-I am also open for other suggestions.

I come from a primarilly 1911 background and would like the sights I mentioned above so that the sight picture is as close to my 1911's as possible. Also I would like to have a trigger as close as possible to a 1911. I do of course realise that the gun is not a 1911 but you know what I mean.

Who would you all recomend to do this? I am currentley debating between Canyon Creek, BarSto, Springfield, and Robar. I am of course open to any other suggestions you all may have. I want good work but do not want to wait for over a year like on my current 1911 projesct gun. The gunsmith who will remain unnamed has had the gun for over a year now. I would like to have everything done in time to shoot it at the Steel Challenge and have time to practice before it.

Thanks for the help, Juan

Rich at Canyon Creek modified my XD-9 Tactical exactly as you listed above with the exception of a magwell. He also added a tungsten insert in the guide rod and an extended magazine release.

His 2.5# trigger job is to die for although it looks like 3# will be needed in '08. I've also had him do a trigger job on my XD-9 Service which is just as nice.

I recommend Rich without reservation.

There are only two places that I would recommend without any reservations, at all.

Rich at Canyon Creek is one and Scott at Springer Precision is the other.

They're both members of this board and both are also highly regarded over at www.XDTalk.com.

I've had work done both by Springer Precision (trigger work sights) and by Canyon Creek (Fusion finish and sights again.....I'm finicky what can I say?). Both did great work and have excellent customer service. Springer's turnaround time is ridiculously quick.

Rich definitely can get you setup.

I don't know if Springer (aka Lovestoshoot)Does rear bomars.

But Canyon-creek has got a quick normally a week turn around on trigger jobs and Novac has a sweet mag well out now

I can do rear burried Bomar but like the Dawson's as well for a lot less $. Barsto should have their magwell out soon and they were saying they would make it work with the Arrendondo basepads.