Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting/vacation Out West

I am currently planning my shooting/vacation schedule for next year. This year I attended the Area 2 match and considered one of the best matches I have attended (both shooting and post-shooting activities). Other than the Area 2 match, are there any other matches around Colorado, Arizona or Nevada that you guys will recommend?

The biggest USPSA match this summer will probably be the Mile Hi Shootout which will be just outside Ramah, CO, I've been told either Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend. Production/Open nationals will be in Montana in June. Don't know if Ara and crew will be putting on the Cheyenne Shootout again, but that should be considered too. Colorado state IDPA match will be in September in Pueblo, Colorado.

The USPSA Match Calendar has a few listing for Summer Out West:

http://www.uspsa.org/dw/majorMatches.php

The Golden Bullet in Richmond CA is always a great match. Anything at Rio Salado in Phoenix is gonna' be a good call. The Area 1 3gun in Albany OR and the A1 Pistol Championship in Puyallup WA along with the coastal scenery is worth the trip up there.

The Mile-High shootout is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of 16-17 June 07. I say tentatively, because the date was picked BEFORE the Nationals schedule was released. We may change it now that the Open/L-10 nationals is the weekend after this. We haven't discussed it yet in committee.

But... We may leave it like this and see if we can pull some out-of-state shooters to the match on their way to MT. Like a really good warm up match.

We'll see. Regardless of the outcome, I will definately get the word out on Enoverse to everyone, and we will be doing our damndist to make it a good match.

• 2 weeks later...