Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Bearcoat. Put on by Rocky Mountain Arms in Longmont. Checkout the website at bearcoat.com. I can tell you one thing... they coat EVERYTHING. All the screws, threads, firing pin... everything. It's cool stuff for all those parts, but anything plastic it WILL NOT stick to. I did start out 100% coated, but in a couple of weeks I realized the plastic parts were not curing. I removed all the paint from all the plastic parts with rubbing alcohol and have been very happy ever since. It would have been nice if they had said that and didn't paint the plastic parts to start with. Overall a good experience and I like the unique finish on an open gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Was doing a file clean up, and found this.......... man, I can't believe I sold these!!

My race gun on the left, wife's Brazos in middle, and the spare on the right.......... and now I'm back to the drawing board and having to buy stuff again!

ThreeRG.JPG

You will love your Flash Cat. I have been shooting mine for about 8 months. It is the flattest shooting open gun I have had. Good results with Silhouette Powder and 124 / 125 gr JHPs @ 1.155-1.160 OAL ( per Johnny ).

just coming from the test drive, went with 2 different loads 7.7 silhouette 1.145 oal 124JHP(Johnny´s instruction) and 169 PF, then i took the ammo i used with my previous gun 7.5 silhouette 1.155 OAL 124 JHP montana and got 165PF. i am shooting IPSC so i am gonna try 7.4 sillhouette to get it flatter, it was a lot different than my previous open maybe is the recoil master, but i am loving this flashcat right now

Best regards

Before and after picture. Last year I bought a well used STI chambered in 9x23. Had a local smith rebarrel to 9x19.

Work included:

- KKM Barrel cut to 4.8" threaded 5.75x40 tpi

- fit barrel hood & lower lugs

- Fit Brazos Thundercomp II

- Finish ream chamber

- Throat ream

- tri-top

- lighten ~ 10oz

- fabricate racker in place of JPoint.

- Refinish in Titanium Cerakote

I'm extremely satisfied.

post-38949-0-48582700-1362678975_thumb.j