Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

This gun is beautiful, I love the grip. Does anyone know the make of the magwell?

Magwell is made by CAPE and the only place I know that sells them is SpeedShooters.com ...

I fell inlove with that magwell too and bought one to replace my dawson precision. It forces your hands higher up and tighter on the pistol. I havent shot it with this new magwell; dont know if I like the hold on her yet... I'll find out tomorrow @ the range...

Thanks for the info on where I can find it, any feed back from the range? I am thinking about ordering one for my limited gun and I'm curious to know how your grip feels when you are shooting with it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gun is beautiful, I love the grip. Does anyone know the make of the magwell?

Magwell is made by CAPE and the only place I know that sells them is SpeedShooters.com ...

I fell inlove with that magwell too and bought one to replace my dawson precision. It forces your hands higher up and tighter on the pistol. I havent shot it with this new magwell; dont know if I like the hold on her yet... I'll find out tomorrow @ the range...

Thanks for the info on where I can find it, any feed back from the range? I am thinking about ordering one for my limited gun and I'm curious to know how your grip feels when you are shooting with it.

Its plain awesome... feels great when gripping the pistol. The tighter grip actually helps with recoil alittle. And since the funnel is @ a steeper angle than the dawson it helps my crappy reloads...

Its plain awesome... feels great when gripping the pistol. The tighter grip actually helps with recoil alittle. And since the funnel is @ a steeper angle than the dawson it helps my crappy reloads...

correct me if i'm wrong but from looks alone - it seems that the dawson ice would leave less room positioning your hand higher on the grip - is that wrong?

correct me if i'm wrong but from looks alone - it seems that the dawson ice would leave less room positioning your hand higher on the grip - is that wrong?

nope I had the dawson precision one... And replaced it with the Cape and because of the cape's front lip, that forces your weak hand to ride higher. While the Dawson Big ICE actually has more room.

Sorry I came in late, but what gunsmith built this gun?

Van Mulekom, it's a gunsmith in The Netherlands

He has a couple of more examples in in his webshop

Van Mulekom

I tried this link and saw a couple pics in the upper right of his page but didn't see the pistol you posted. Is there another area in his site to go to?

Back from the 'doctor' last week ... shoot a match on Sunday ... not bad for an almost 20 years old gun!!

I have one of those boat anchor comps! Gees it is heavy, but with all those holes it probably shoot ok. Try an aluminum or carbon fiber guide rod it in to get rid of the nose heavy.

The comp is in a drawer, replaced with a Titanium. Here is what it looks like off the gun: ttp://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=776&g2_imageViewsIndex=1 (on the left)

Edited by CocoBolo

I have one of those boat anchor comps! Gees it is heavy, but with all those holes it probably shoot ok. Try an aluminum or carbon fiber guide rod it in to get rid of the nose heavy.

The comp is in a drawer, replaced with a Titanium. Here is what it looks like off the gun: ttp://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=776&g2_imageViewsIndex=1 (on the left)

That compensator is a Thundercomp II from Brazos .. Matt Cheeley did some of his 'magic' on the slide last year ....

So far very good .. I like heavy guns .. shoots really flat ...

Edited by jriera

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. the new and improved open..

EGW hammer,

EE guts

Cape Magwell

Bedell Ti comp

schuemann hybrid with popple holes and we slab sided the barrel

60 grit skater tap(actually stair well tape)

STI upper and lower, short wide frame

Predator Tactial Side mount w/ cmore(12moa) just changed that from a STS, the glass was just to small

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

what thumb rest is that ???

well.. I started with a *thumb rest [generic]*.. but with the side mount, it was crowded.. so I had a piece of 1/4 derlin, and cut it into a L shape.

The mount has 5 holes.. I use 3 to mount it. taped the other 2 unused holes and mounted the thumb rest to it.

hope that helps

Edited by tacticalchef