Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Things You Only Do Once -

Guy only...

Pee against an electric fence.

Cross your legs before you sit on a chair (don't ask).

Have your expert horse back riding GF take you on your first ride with you wearing boxer shorts instead of briefs.

This is the best thing I have seen in a month

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1993, father in law owned a rifle range where we burned the trash in burn barrels. It was about 95 degrees and very humid one Saturday afternoon late and I made the catastrophic mistake of asking my brother to put a little gas on the target trash in the barrel so I could light it with a cigarette lighter. I vaguely remember seeing the sky and clouds through 35lbs of burning debris as I floated backwards to the ground. I woke up with him and my brother in law piling dirt onto my arms to extinguish the flames.

Rule number 1.) Never ask my brother to help me with anything.

Rule number 2.) Always, always lock up the Coleman Lantern Fuel in the trunk of the car before burning trash.

• 2 weeks later...

Was at a "fun shoot", brought 2 tanfo stock 2s, one in 40 the other 9mm.  In the semi-finals our unbeaten team hit zero targets when I grabbed the 40 case instead of the 9mm that I had been using.  

9mm brass, "looks funny" fired from a 40.  And I'm stubborn...shot two before figuring out something was wrong.

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:49 AM, palmettomoon said:

1993, father in law owned a rifle range where we burned the trash in burn barrels. It was about 95 degrees and very humid one Saturday afternoon late and I made the catastrophic mistake of asking my brother to put a little gas on the target trash in the barrel so I could light it with a cigarette lighter. I vaguely remember seeing the sky and clouds through 35lbs of burning debris as I floated backwards to the ground. I woke up with him and my brother in law piling dirt onto my arms to extinguish the flames.

Rule number 1.) Never ask my brother to help me with anything.

Rule number 2.) Always, always lock up the Coleman Lantern Fuel in the trunk of the car before burning trash.

Oh boy. Can't believe I'm going to tell this

We had an outdoor wood burning furnace that we burned all summer to heat our house water. The fire would go nearly dead quite often because there was so little call for heat. i was lookinig to get it going and had nothing to "accelerate" the burn handy. I stuck my head in the shed and the first thing I saw was.....a can of Coleman Stove Fuel. Stuck my whole arm in the stove and turned the can up. Withdrew the can and stuck my other arm in with the lighter. CAWHUMP! Eyebrows gone, bowl haircut centered around the back of my head. Wife shortly laughing histarically at the back door. This definetely a NOT DO!

• 1 month later...

I've got to tell another 'peeing on the electric fence' story.

1983. We were at the range setting up a stage (only one stage in those days) when a friend of mine walked by me, heading for the outhouse. He was as white as a sheet.

I stopped him and asked, "Hey, Snuffy. You look terrible, man. What's the matter?"

He looked at me with tear filled eyes and replied, "I just shit my pants!"

"What? How'd that happen?" 

" I'm not sure," said my friend, "all I remember is going behind that far berm, over there, to take a leak. I began peeing on a wire that was lying on the ground and all of a sudden I crapped my drawers. I gotta go clean up."

Turns out a neighbors cow had pushed down an electric fence that ran along side of the range. True story.

As an aside: Back in those days Snuffy did the polish work on Bill Wilson's safeties, and beaver tails. Snuffy passed away several months ago. RIP.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a couple of days to read through the whole topic but some pretty hairy stuff.  

Let's see...things you only do once...using the biggest knife in the drawer to open the pesky mac n' cheese box...crossing an electric fence by holding down the top wire with the watermelon you're eating...when you have a bad case of the flu and you're dizzy, don't jump for the bed (you might break the bay window with your face)...when your dad tells you not to drive across the pond on the ATV and you do it anyway (twice)...when that ATV quits running don't kick the engine with your tennis shoe (broken big toes hurt a lot)...if you're going to skip school while living at home, don't borrow your mom's car and then flip it into the ditch...had to call dad on that one and explain why the car was upside down facing towards town instead of towards school (dad put part of that car in my bedroom for awhile)...don't fall off motorcycles or horses into cactus...if your sister is on the go-kart and won't share, don't stomp on the accelerator breaking the linkage...just don't.

Edited by bcp

Head under the hood, jumping a defective starter solenoid on a '66 Ford Fairlane in the breakdown lane of a busy highway after inadvertently leaving the transmission in *Drive*. Second mistake: leaving the steering wheel turned toward the roadway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2006 at 1:18 AM, Kory said:

Spend several hours welding with a MiG wearing short a sleeve V-neck, because your buddy that just gave you the five minute into to welding class didn't mention anything about having all the skin blister and fall off your biceps and neck later that night from the most intense sunburn you'll ever have in your life.

LOL, been there too.

• 11 months later...
On 3/6/2018 at 10:25 PM, Rosswoodford said:

Fell off a 5' ladder. It landed on its side. All 6'5" 250 lbs of me landed on it. Needless to say the ladder is broken and my ribs are bruised. Lol

I fell off a 25' ladder once...no bruises nor bumps nor broken bones...fortunately I was on the first rung...:)

Speaking of ladders. yrs back, was taking a light fixture down. Asked one guy if he shut the breaker down for it. said yup.. well 18' up I cut the line, next thing I know I was looking up . tossed me right off the ladder. still have the cutters to this day 220v doesn't like being cut hot...

9 hours ago, Loudgp said:

Speaking of ladders. yrs back, was taking a light fixture down. Asked one guy if he shut the breaker down for it. said yup.. well 18' up I cut the line, next thing I know I was looking up . tossed me right off the ladder. still have the cutters to this day 220v doesn't like being cut hot...

That's the way people get killed.  And it happens frequently.  It's like taking a pistol that you haven't handled, pointing it at your forehead, and asking someone else if they already unloaded it.  He says, "yes".  Go ahead . . . . . pull the trigger!

A solid LOTO (Lock Out-Tag Out) program is the ONLY way to deal with electricity.  NEVER take someone else's word for it if you are dealing with stored energy.  The same applies for pneumatic and hydraulic energy.

16 hours ago, 45 Raven said:

That's the way people get killed.  And it happens frequently.  It's like taking a pistol that you haven't handled, pointing it at your forehead, and asking someone else if they already unloaded it.  He says, "yes".  Go ahead . . . . . pull the trigger!

A solid LOTO (Lock Out-Tag Out) program is the ONLY way to deal with electricity.  NEVER take someone else's word for it if you are dealing with stored energy.  The same applies for pneumatic and hydraulic energy.

I learned after that mishap.... I'll always do it myself and check now... too much can go wrong quick...