Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plate rack times

Steve Moneypenny

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!  I'm getting much better at my pick up shots too, which is great.  Seems like 2.5 seconds is a really good goal for me within 10 yards.

Now I want to figure out a good par time for a 1-6-2-5-3-4 order.  Any of you guys have any ideas on that?  I'm thinking sub 3 would be pretty good, but don't know yet.

1 hour ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Now I want to figure out a good par time for a 1-6-2-5-3-4 order.  Any of you guys have any ideas on that? 

I've barely touched a pistol in the past year since I picked up a PCC, but I'm happy when my 1-6-2-5-3-4 order is less than a second slower than just hosing the plate rack.  

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

At practice Wednesday afternoon, I was able to draw and clear the rack at 75feet (25 yards) at 4.96 and then 4.59 seconds back to back, 1 make up shot each. The second run the transitions felt worlds faster and it showed.

just a lowly B-class shooter with a dot.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 10:01 PM, nikdanja said:

Geez. I can’t touch that time. Maybe 4 seconds I guess, but that’s an area that I am picking to get better at. I hate steel and shooting st it more than once SUCKS. 

Whether it good or bad. I can consistently hit the 3 sec area doing it the right way. Sight picture, stop the gun on every plate, etc...

getting 2.67, I'm blazing the first shot and then sweeping the gun across all the plates. 

Now, I've noticed I either have just gotten lucky or there is some level of sub concision skill because the 2 clubs I go to, one has a USPSA plate rack and one has a longer rack with same size plates but further apart (bianchi maybe??) and I can still get the same times boths ways.

not good to get a training rep doing it the wrong way but thats the only way I can get it that fast. I would say match pace is probably 3 seconds.

Edited by Dutchman195

I agree that anyone that practices it much will probably find the 3 second mark pretty attainable.  I can pretty routinely get to 2.5 now.

Although Bob Vogel is an amazing shooter who could kill me with his pinky, I don't think those videos are a good representation of how to practice a plate rack.  First of all, that's 5 yards, not 7 (the shadows of the barrels give the distance away).  It's also not from surrender and he's clearly jumping the beep instead of reacting to it.  Very cool and I can't approach doing it that well, but it won't help you in competition to practice that way.

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:31 AM, Pistolpete9 said:

I agree that anyone that practices it much will probably find the 3 second mark pretty attainable.  I can pretty routinely get to 2.5 now.

Although Bob Vogel is an amazing shooter who could kill me with his pinky, I don't think those videos are a good representation of how to practice a plate rack.  First of all, that's 5 yards, not 7 (the shadows of the barrels give the distance away).  It's also not from surrender and he's clearly jumping the beep instead of reacting to it.  Very cool and I can't approach doing it that well, but it won't help you in competition to practice that way.

The video issn´t in sync

• 1 month later...