Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plate rack times

Steve Moneypenny

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

5.62s draw from surrender, 6 plates at 10 yards with my shadow custom. 3rd week I've had the gun.
First time shooting the rack for practice, recently just got action bay access at my club.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hit the Plate rack for the first time in a while. First time shooting plates with my new Atlas Open gun. Here's three clean runs in a row. I put up a personal best before this of 2.45 which I have video of too. I'll measure the distance next time Im there. I think its at least 10 yards. Looking at some other vidoes I swear the plates at my club are nowhere near the size of some I see out there. :)

Way to get that first shot off!  Watching these makes me hurt.  I can almost keep up with the pace of your shooting, but that draw to first shot is really what makes a great plate rack run.  I waste far too much time there.  Looks like you are going to get along just fine with that Atlas.

22 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Way to get that first shot off!  Watching these makes me hurt.  I can almost keep up with the pace of your shooting, but that draw to first shot is really what makes a great plate rack run.  I waste far too much time there.  Looks like you are going to get along just fine with that Atlas.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I hit a new milestone on the plate rack tonight.  Last Fall I couldn't go faster than 2.7 seconds with my optical revolver at 10 yards.  Last three runs tonight were all between 2.67-2.70 seconds with my iron sight revolver.  Great way to kick off Wheelgun Wednesday.

Was shooting a couple weeks ago now and was trying for a sub 2. Couldn't quite make it, but got a 2.04 clean, 1.95 miss on last plate, 2.02 down one plate, 2.06 clean, and a 1.97 miss on the last plate. 

10 yards, regular plates, hands at sides. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Rowdy, are those all alphas?  Nicely done!

yes, unless noted all alphas. i normally delete the runs that are flubs.

EDIT: not on the swinger. those hits were all over.

Edited by rowdyb

• 7 months later...

Been working on this a bit and have seen major improvement.  Posted a 2.56 with a pick up shot, that would have been a 2.43 without it.  The run after that felt even better, but my friend hit the review button after the first 4 hits so we'll never know.  I'll try and get a video up sometime soon so it's "verified".  

For me, I can usually tell what kind of time I'll get by the time the first shot breaks.  Everything is in getting a great draw.