Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Interest In A Burkett Class In Area 5?

harley45

I noticed that there are not a whole lot of training opportunities in area 5 and was trying to see what kind of interest there would be in having Matt come to this area (I'm thinking Indiana) I think that since the shooting seasoon is already in full swing perhaps 07 is our best bet that gives everyone plenty of time to plan and schedule. Post here so I can see if this is worth pursuing, and I'll volunteer to handle all the details and arrangements

Eric Kelley

Can't commit 100% at this point, but I'm very interested in coaching clinics within driving distance of KY. And for those who've seen me shoot, I'm sure you'll understand.

I noticed that there are not a whole lot of training opportunities in area 5 and was trying to see what kind of interest there would be in having Matt come to this area (I'm thinking Indiana) I think that since the shooting seasoon is already in full swing perhaps 07 is our best bet that gives everyone plenty of time to plan and schedule. Post here so I can see if this is worth pursuing, and I'll volunteer to handle all the details and arrangements

Eric Kelley

Well that may be 4 or so counting myself and my daughter from his website we need 12+

I think with some advertisemant that may be doable I'll press onward and see.

Anyone ever shoot at the Blue Ridge Sportsman club in KY. I took my NRA LE instructor class there and it is very nice, or some other suggestions?

Eric

Bring the class to within a couple hours of Chicago and you might get some of the WI guys to attend. Time it in conjunction with a major match and the location is less important, lots of guys will be going there anyway....

Like the others, I can't commit without more details, but I would be very interested.

I am on the West side of Illinois, so I would be more agreeable the closer to Chicago the better.

I also agree that there would possibly be an excellent turnout from the Northern IL, and WI shooters.

Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I need to find out what kind of classroom Burkett needs, I e-mailed him earlier so I'll post back when I know more.

Having hosted, taken and co-taught courses with Matt, his "classroom" IS the range. Targets, barricades, some steel if available and a canopy to get out of the sun while he talks for small amounts of time are all you really need. Matt is an awesome teacher, you will be very glad you took a course from him. If you really want to get the most out of a class from Matt, I'd suggest getting his videos and watching them, practicing, etc. a few months out. I'd defiantely plan to include a local match, but not a major match. Shooting with Matt is great for the learning, but as most people will change a few things due to his instruction, a major match might not be the best idea.

If anyone has any Qs that I could answer, drop me a note, I'd be more than glad to answer.

Shotgun, Pistol or Rifle?

Burkett longtime shooting student, Kevin Elpers is based in Evansville, IN which is in SW Indiana down on the Ohio.

Kevin runs the IDPA matches out of RedBrush rifle and pistol range which has hosted lots of matches and would be a perfect place for a training class, especially since you already have an in with his shooting buddy.

www.redbrush.org

klelpers@insightbb.com

There is more contact information under the IDPA section of the website.

• 4 weeks later...

I would definately be interested. There are some great ranges in central ohio as well. You might want to reach out to Flex Money or Steve Anderson since their USPSA matches have a consistently large draw and see if they could gauge interest at their next match. The Ohio Section Match is in three weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would be interested also if within three or four hours of Dayton OH and depending on the focus of the class.

Put me on the list for details so I do not miss something posted.

Thanks

Since the weather here is turning colder does anybody have preferences for next year?

Eric

I would like to see it as early in the year as possible so that I could use what I learned for the most amount of time.

Edited by DougBarnes101

Since the weather here is turning colder does anybody have preferences for next year?

Eric

I would like to see it as early in the year as possible so that I could use what6 I learned for the most amount of time.

+1

Eric

I would like to see it as early in the year as possible so that I could use what6 I learned for the most amount of time.

+1

I'm in for early in the year. Adv. Pistol

I'll try and get ahold of Kevin Elpers and see what he Matt, and I can come up with. How many days would you guys like to see? It looks like the majority want an advanced pistol format so that is what i will try to do. Can a single stack shooter be in an advanced pistol class? :D

Another vote for early in the year, and advanced pistol as well. I did A todd Jarret calss that had everything from beginners to Masters, and it limits the instruction for advanced skills.